My car stolen from Dealer's service bay!

03_Snake

Established Member
OH MY GOD!

Service writer calls me up and ask do I have LoJak 'cause my beautiful (and now Rare) Mineral Gray 'Vert has just been stolen while the technician went to the Parts Crib to requisition parts. On the way back he sees someone driving away in my car!?@#$^%

The police are looking now, but I don't hold out much hope......

Anyone know of any New Mineral Gray 'Verts still available anywhere??

HELP

03_Snake

Established Member
By the way, its Simi Valley Ford in Simi Valley, CA. And I think it is still owned by Ford. It used to be Bob Beatty Ford, but Mr. Beatty wanted to retire and the story was that Ford bought the dealership back from him.

Hope they have some stock on hand!!!!!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Snake
OH MY GOD!

Service writer calls me up and ask do I have LoJak 'cause my beautiful (and now Rare) Mineral Gray 'Vert has just been stolen while the technician went to the Parts Crib to requisition parts. On the way back he sees someone driving away in my car!?@#$^%

The police are looking now, but I don't hold out much hope......

Anyone know of any New Mineral Gray 'Verts still available anywhere??

HELP

For sure .... I would not want that car back under any conditions.

Sorry, this kinda bad luck just erks me to no end!!!!!!!!!!

Btw it is not magnatory to have lo-jack if they try that ....

:xpl:

Good Luck

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
What are they telling you? Don't let your insurance cover it! Make them pay in full! Am not saying to screw them but your insuarance coverage will go up because of the claim. By the way sorry to hear

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
OH SHIT! Simi Valley!! I had a 99 GT that I was so anal with. I left it there for some service when the car had 4000 miles on it and the service manager calls me telling me its been "tagged!" I asked what the hell does "tagged" mean, and he replies, "A tow truck backed up into it!!"

The front left fender, bumper, and hood were all F*CKED up!

Damn I feel for you man! I was so close last week to buying the black 10th Anniv. Cobra they have. No way in hell I'm going to take any car there again.

Keep me updated on what happens.

Joseph

Blades

Established Member
Eek. My cobra is now sitting in some ford dealer's service bay. It seems like 4 out of 10 visits to get our svts serviced something BAD happens like this.

USMC0341

Established Member
sorry to hear that! I hope you nail that dealership and make them replace it

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
galpin can get you a mineral gray....e-mail steve mccord at [email protected] ....or e-mail me at [email protected] and we can get you one

m.

There are still some BRAND NEW Mineral Grey 2003 Cobras out there>??? I didn't think that would be. Boy would that have been a hard choice, Mineral Grey or White! :dw:

Sorry about your car man, that just flat out sucks. Was the car inside the shop when it happened or did they leave it running out in the lot>??? I hate car theives! They all need to die! Worthless Sh!theads. -Mat-

Cobra-O

Established Member
That sucks! Hope things go your way. Don't use your insurance. They have insurance for that. Keep us posted.

BULL

Established Member
I simply can not believe that shit.......For a stranger to walk into a service center, walk over to an 03 cobra, get into it, start it up, back it out of a service bay and drive out of a service center without being seen, stopped or followed.....absolutely boggles the mind.

even if its a small dealership he would have had to pass, been seen by a half dozen people, minimum...............

unf^%$believable!!!!!!! I would have went ballistic.......

The replacment would be on the dealerships insurance, definitly not yours bro..........

Hope it all works out snake. I feel your pain brother

XavierX

Established Member
I wouldnt be suprised if some people let the "stranger" walk through on purpose.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by 02JSVT
Dealerships should have full coverage for that.

Should not be a NEED at all to call your insurance company.
Exactly. How the hell did someone drive away in it? Dont even tell me the keys were left in it unattended while the guy went for parts??? Thats just assanine.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
Exactly. How the hell did someone drive away in it? Dont even tell me the keys were left in it unattended while the guy went for parts??? Thats just assanine.

What were you expecting, that they lock the keys up in a vault everytime they leave the car.:shrug: When you car is being serviced the keys are always in it, even if the car stays there overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread