My Cervinis hood Project

KwikSilvr

Established Member
I have been looking for a hood for a while, and one kind of fell in my lap...

I picked up this hood for 2 bills:

CerviniHood-FromWebsite.gif

It of course was painted DSG, and my truck is silver... so I thought to myself that since I have to paint to match it, I might as well make it functional...

i cut out the bottom myself which I have no pics of... just to get to the louvers on the bottom...

i then took it to a friend of mine that has a body shop and he told me to give him 200 bucks for the materials and the work...

I will have it back on thursday, he was going to start painting it today after he finished up the sanding and the little things left. He cut out the luvres, and then redid the entire bottom to make it look like it came that way... he still needs to touch it up a little but by tomorrow, it should be painted... I should have it Thursday completed...

here are some pics...

IMG00157.gif

IMG00158.gif

IMG00159.gif

IMG00160.gif

IMG00161.gif

IMG00168.gif

IMG00166.gif

IMG00169.gif

He still needs to even out some of the slits, but I think this will rock...

and the louvres needed no bracing, they are solid as a rock...

I will post up more pics as I get them... Sorry for the camera phone pics...

Taunto

Established Member
nice idea man.. that will for sure get rid of the engine heat big time... nice job... Cant wait to see some pics of it on the truck.. and pics from the drivers seat as well.

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Never seen anyone get one of those hoods yet. Is there any structural support in that hood that needs to be reinforced?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Have him remove the hood latch and bolts before he paints it :poke:

I have seen a few different hoods made functional now and they all turned out well when done right and they all worked. Looks like yours will turn out nice too and should work great as well. Congrats, Stan

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
That's really not a popular hood for us and I never understood why. I can't wait to see it once you get it on.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I too have always wanted to see what that hood looks like on the L... Take a whole bunch of pics from different angles when you get it on the truck. I'm sure it will look great!

Users who are viewing this thread