My Cobra Stalled Twice!

CRZ8R

Established Member
Don't know why, but twice now giving it full throttle in first gear the car has stalled or 'fluttered'. It starts to accelerate and then dies. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this... It's like it ran out of gas for a second. It has only happened twice and it was always at temperatures of like 100 degrees outside. I have about 1000 miles now. The car has run like a champ at all other times and I haven't had one single problem with it yet. So I don't know what to think about it? Any similar incidences? CRZ8R.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
This might be a stupid question but, do you have the Traction Controll on?

CWCobra

Established Member
Mine did same thing the other night, very hot, sitting at red light, acceleraqted hard, and...NOTHING! I thought I was in 3rd gear instead of 1st, but no. I was in first. Engine just stalled BIG time. Only time for this in 3 mos. 2500 miles. It was scary tho'.

I have also recently noticed my hot idle has dropped ...to about 600 rpm. Seems low. May get it checked out. May be related.
Later,
CW

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Mine stalled last night under hard deceleration. Was going to exit interstate and thought I would 'test' my brakes for the first time. Was going around 100 (empty interstate) and nailed them. Great stoping then.... dead car, which is not a fun feeling. Cranked it and no problems since. Mine has 360 miles on it.

jason

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Mine has done it twice. The weird thing is both times it has happened on the same stretch of freeway, and roughly the same time of day???!!!

I was going to work, and the last part of my drive is down a freeway. Both times I'm driving down the freeway and I see up ahead the traffic light is red so I push in the clutch(and leave it in gear) and apply the brakes a tad, then the dashboard lights come on and the brake pedal effort increases because the engine has stalled. The first time it scared me because I was coming up to some cars and then all of a sudden my brakes lose power and I have to stab them harder. It could be a dangerous situation!

EVL'03COBRA

Established Member
The '03 Cobra stalled twice after about 30 min. of driving with the Cold Air Ducting Mod. Both times during down shift with clutch engaged. Returned home and removed the Cold Air Ducting Mod. Six weeks now with no stall problems.

Hot idle also runs about 600 rpm.....seems low compared to the '98 Cobra.

donaisenbrey

Established Member
No Stalling here, but I do have the low idle at about 550 to 600.....and that is about 150 to 200RPM low in my opinion..............Don

Users who are viewing this thread