My Comp Orange Gt build 2v 4.6 to 5.0 Coyote Swap

tj4891

Established Member
splice in the tach wires, the speedo comes from the transmission doesn't it?

i think the problem is the tach in the cluster reads a digital signal and the new track pack puts a analog signal and the speedo works because u got keep the old pcm in the car

grkcobra93

Established Member
I'm considering selling my RGR custom built 2v long block for this conversion.
I do have a few questions and if you're able to answer them for me I appreciate it very much!
Where was your power steering pump located to and were you able to tie into the factory hoses/fittings
Does the 8bolt flywheel from a cobra crank work with the new motor
Any clearance issues with the clutch cable
How was the fuel pump wired in
Are the engine mounts the same as a 4.6

Thanks ahead of time to reply back. I'm very jealous of your car and setup!!

tj4891

Established Member
I'm considering selling my RGR custom built 2v long block for this conversion.
I do have a few questions and if you're able to answer them for me I appreciate it very much!
Where was your power steering pump located to and were you able to tie into the factory hoses/fittings
Does the 8bolt flywheel from a cobra crank work with the new motor
Any clearance issues with the clutch cable
How was the fuel pump wired in
Are the engine mounts the same as a 4.6

Thanks ahead of time to reply back. I'm very jealous of your car and setup!!

my power steering is located where the ac use to be and they ran custom lines to tie in to the hydroboost
i used a stock 5.0 flywheel with a 4.6 clutch
clutch cable was fine
plug play divison x return system budget system
yes engine mount are the same i used a 4.6 upr kmemeber

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
You have inspired me. I'm buying a 98 gt this week to begin this project myself.

Does anyone know if the t45 will bolt up to the coyote motor?

tj4891

Established Member
You have inspired me. I'm buying a 98 gt this week to begin this project myself.

i think it would, but i would make sure its built to shift at 7k. it seem like alot of trans dont like to be shifted that high unless its built

TClark22

Established Member

Bellhousing to block bolt battern is the same as any 4.6 modular block. So yes it will. But yea that t45 may not handle the rpm

TJ i don't remember what trans are you running?

OO and TJ...hehehe i have this in my garage now awaiting more money and of course colder weather to park the stang :)

Last edited:

tj4891

Established Member
Bellhousing to block bolt battern is the same as any 4.6 modular block. So yes it will. But yea that t45 may not handle the rpm

TJ i don't remember what trans are you running?

OO and TJ...hehehe i have this in my garage now awaiting more money and of course colder weather to park the stang :)

a built 3650 with a stage 2 clutch ,
and i just broke 2nd gear and smoked a stage 2 clutch on drs at the track these motors are hard and trans

and thats awesome:beer:, that would be killing me to see that motor sitting there lol cant wait to see that thing in the car:beer:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Very awesome build man! Car is badass. So clean.

Have you thought about putting the getrag mt82 in it? Since the bellhousing pattern is the same, probably have to make a custom trans support. And some other odds and ends.

When I had my 2v with a vortech, I really wanted to put the mt82 in it, because of the close ratio gearing. Don't think I've seen anyone put one in a new edge.

Also, just curious. What's your exhaust? And what gears do you have?

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Definitly a good looking car! I know his honey has something now that will give his coyote swap a run for his money!!!!!;-) cars come a long way TJ! How's that trans coming?

tj4891

Established Member
Definitly a good looking car! I know his honey has something now that will give his coyote swap a run for his money!!!!!;-) cars come a long way TJ! How's that trans coming?

yea thats sho is no joke, but the new clutch is in and trans is back together just not in the car yet

tj4891

Established Member
Very awesome build man! Car is badass. So clean.

Have you thought about putting the getrag mt82 in it? Since the bellhousing pattern is the same, probably have to make a custom trans support. And some other odds and ends.

When I had my 2v with a vortech, I really wanted to put the mt82 in it, because of the close ratio gearing. Don't think I've seen anyone put one in a new edge.

Also, just curious. What's your exhaust? And what gears do you have?

i got slp loudmouth II and 456 gear, i dont think the mt82 will fit in the trans tunnel with headers

TClark22

Established Member
a built 3650 with a stage 2 clutch ,
and i just broke 2nd gear and smoked a stage 2 clutch on drs at the track these motors are hard and trans

and thats awesome:beer:, that would be killing me to see that motor sitting there lol cant wait to see that thing in the car:beer:

lol damn. I am going with a t56 and mcleod twin disk

Lol yea its hard to see it everyday...I am trying not to spend anymore money for another month then start getting the motor ready...sell off my procharger, spend some more money...lol sell the 2v and 3650, more parts

tj4891

Established Member
lol damn. I am going with a t56 and mcleod twin disk

Lol yea its hard to see it everyday...I am trying not to spend anymore money for another month then start getting the motor ready...sell off my procharger, spend some more money...lol sell the 2v and 3650, more parts

nice i just got mcleod twin disc too t56 might be in my future too lol

Users who are viewing this thread