My Custom GT35R Twin Turbo Z06 - Pics/Info/Dyno Video Inside!

SpdKilz

Established Member
The car is FINALLY in running condition. After ten long months, my quest for turboing the Z06 is finally nearing an end.

I went to Sound Performance today to get the car tuned. They spent quite some time (Jerry was great) tuning the Z06 to give it a nice, CONSERVATIVE tune. I am stock block still, so I’d rather be safe than sorry.

So…with .3 bar (4.5 pounds of boost), 93 octane, through a modified but still very restrictive TI exhaust, and on a Mustang Dyno I put down 548rwhp, 511rwtq. I am sure with 3” dual exhaust leading to cutouts I will be able to pick up another 20-30rwhp (those are coming soon).

The new clutch is very very weird getting used to for the fact it catches way up top (need to adjust it somehow) and is about 5 times stiffer than my stock clutch. It is a twin disc and rattles like a mother trucker. Also, one of the seals on my turbos is bad (from the factory – sending it out during winter to fix it). It is kind of funny for the fact an average person would hear my breaks squeaking, see shit coming out of my exhaust, and hear all this random clanking and rattling from the car when it is at a stoplight. They probably think it’s a pile of crap and I beat the shit out of it :D

I was able to take it out tonight for a few quick runs with my buddy Dave (CobraKalas) and I am sure he will attest…it ****ing moves out! I still have not been able to row it through the gears but wow, I am impressed. I can’t wait to do a 1-4 gear run on the highway tomorrow night! I will def. get video of that and hopefully some races!

Quick shout out to Chris from CM Racing who built this completely custom twin turbo setup. It took a while, but in the end it was worth the wait!

Anyway, below is a link to my dyno pull, a few pictures of the Z06, and all pertinent mod information. Enjoy! I know I will!

UPDATE VIDEO OF MY DYNO WITH A QUICK RUN AGAINST A HEADER/INTAKE C5 Z06 (9.8mb) - http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/My Z06/SpdKilzTTDyno.wmv

- Custom Reverse Headers, Downpipe, Intake Tube, and Exhaust by CM Racing
- (2) GT35R Polished Garrett Ball Bearing Turbos
- (2) Front Mount Intercoolers
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
- Tial 38mm Wastegates and 50mm Blow Off Valve
- Quartermaster 8.5v Extreme Twin Disc Clutch (completely one off/custom)
- DTE Rear Brace
- Innovative Wideband Sensor Gauge
- Cobalt Fuel Pressure and Boost Gauge
- Precision 82 pound injectors (for future upgrades)
- AFR 205cc Heads
- SI6 232 240 .595 .610 112 Custom Comp Cam
- Hurst Shifter
- Modified Z06 Titanium Exhaust

Without bumper/hood
nobumper1(small).jpg

FMIC’s…I believe I have the first ever on a C5 Corvette Z06.
clean3.jpg

Showing the guts of the setup
ttproject27.jpg

At Sound Performance Today
SPdyno.jpg

Dyno Sheet
SpdKilzTTDyno(small).jpg

Can’t wait to get a few races in before winter!!

Last edited:

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy damn! That is sick as hell. I like how the intercoolers are right there where those air duct things are.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Ooh that is sexy as a motherf**ker! Can't wait to see some front shots when its cleaned up with the bumper and plate cover on :rockon:

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
Wow. Quite a setup. Those gt35s gotta be BEGGIN you to spool them up a little more

SpdKilz

Established Member
Haha, yeah...I am BARELY pushing them. I originally went with this one of a kind setup because it was a offer I couldn't pass up (though it ended up costing me more later on...but still def. got an amazing price for such a kit). I thus did turbos rather than build up the engine. That comes in a year or so! Still debating (limited funds) if I should build up the 347 or go with the new LSX block...obviously would like to do the LSX block in a 402 or 408...but again...funds are the limiting factor...heh

blk96SVT

Established Member
Congrats on getting it finished up. I have to agree the first pic without the bumper and hood looks absolutely sick! I hope to see your car sometime in Chicago.

Oh yeah, 408!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
sick car! i would really love to see you race cobrachris or RDsnake :)

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
great setup and nice car, however i wouldnt get too cocky yet (about the pulling up to a stop light thing) cuz a couple of those Supras in SP's shop would make you look like you are Stock even with you on higher boost!

Users who are viewing this thread