My daily driver is finally done...

sleepysvt98

Established Member
Good job bringing it back. Sounds like your brother definitely isn't a car guy.

He's young. At 20 years old he still has a lot to figure out, including respecting your own/others vehicles.

Nice work. Where do you work in PnL?

I bartend at Pizza Bar, been there off and on for 3 years. It's a great place and I love my staff.

Nice job bringing it back!

I share my DD Mark VIII with my brother who absolutely has no respect for it, I understand what you went through. Literally every. Single. Time. He drives it I can find something wrong. Obscenely greasy steering wheel, food bits, trash, interior scrape, a new ding...not exaggerating.

If it was anything but the nice "beater" it was purchased for, I wouldn't let that kid get behind the wheel.

Some people have no respect. Don't let him drive your cars again.

PS I won't even let him ride in the Trans Am because he doesn't know how to get in/out of a vehicle properly.

Sounds like we are rowing in the same boat. While I love my brother, I won't trust him with another vehicle mine for years to come. I used to own a 97 LSC, LOVED that car. So comfy, so nice!

so you buy a nice csvt, then let your brother drive it at college (not selling it to him?)....then you buy and build a nice mazdaspeed 3. Then go and trade the MS3 back to the contour?? so you've basically bought 2 nice cars and given them to him?? If so, doesn't sound like you've learned your lesson yet lol

My father wasn't financially stable enough to provide my brother with a decent car to get back and forth to school reliably everyday. Raising 4 kids with no female help will drain your bank account BTW. So, I stepped up and gave him my SVT for his really rough, high mileage, unreliable CSVT. I came across the Mazdaspeed Protégé for cheap and eventually wasn't happy with it. After searching forums, CL, and all that I figured getting this one back was my best bet. For now, I can say that I'm very pleased with that decision.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
He's young. At 20 years old he still has a lot to figure out, including respecting your own/others vehicles.

I bartend at Pizza Bar, been there off and on for 3 years. It's a great place and I love my staff.

Sounds like we are rowing in the same boat. While I love my brother, I won't trust him with another vehicle mine for years to come. I used to own a 97 LSC, LOVED that car. So comfy, so nice!

My father wasn't financially stable enough to provide my brother with a decent car to get back and forth to school reliably everyday. Raising 4 kids with no female help will drain your bank account BTW. So, I stepped up and gave him my SVT for his really rough, high mileage, unreliable CSVT. I came across the Mazdaspeed Protégé for cheap and eventually wasn't happy with it. After searching forums, CL, and all that I figured getting this one back was my best bet. For now, I can say that I'm very pleased with that decision.

I am sure he appreciates you helping him out.

Users who are viewing this thread