My Dealer MUST hate me

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
I posted this over F150 too, but thought some of you who don't go there might get a kick out of this.

Well after having my dealer replace three pinion seals on my truck, I noticed last week it is still leaking. So I took it in tuesday for them to look at it. They told me it was old oil and wiped all the oil off.

I looked under the truck today, and lo and behold a fresh coating of oil.

I called the service manager and told him I wanted the Ford rep to come and take a look at it. I also told him I wanted a whole new rear end. He told me the rep only gets to the dealer every few months, and it would be a while till he could get him to look at my truck.

He was no help, so I called the Ford customer service line, they were useless but did document the problems.

I then called SVT and spoke to Troy, who called my service manager to see why it is still leaking. Troy called me back and told me the service manager thinks it is a clogged vent. I know the vent is clear, I checked it myself.

Well it is going back in tuesday for the 4th pinion seal. I have a feeling that they will make sure it is fixed right this time. I don't think they like getting a call from SVT. We will see, if it leaks again I am going to demand a whole new rear end.

I don't know why they can't get it to stop leaking, it has been leaking since the day I drove it off the lott. Becides that I have had no problems with the truck, but this is really frustrating.

I know the dealer must hate me, but I don't think I am asking for to much.

hdmlnium

Established Member
Don,
I would make sure they fix it right this time if they can't get it to stop leaking I would demand a new rear end. If you have all four trips to the dealer documented you shouldn't have any problems. A leaky rear end on a new vehicle is unexceptable.
Bill

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Don,

I agree with bill on that when you pay 31k for a truck you expect it not to spill its guts all over the place......... they stillprolly hate you though hehehe :D :D :D

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I don't think dealers like warranty repairs period. Do you know is it leaking between the case and the seal or the seal and the pinion?

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
ISN'T THAT A LEMON? DOES THAT LEAKY REAR END CONSTITUTE A LEMON? ANYONE I THINK IT DAMN WELL DOES!

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I Fla that wouldn’t fly as a lemon. Typically, they won’t call it a lemon (around here at least) unless it’s a big safety issue or directly affects the usability of the vehicle. A rear end that is dripping oil wouldn’t qualify under either of those down here.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Thanks for the support.

I tried to go to a few other dealers, and either they were to busy or didn't want to touch it, due to the fact it is the same problem. If it was a new problem, they said no prob. So one more trip on tuesday, the dealer said if it still leeks then, I will get a whole new rearend.

We will see

jclough

I have a 2000 Lightning and i have a pinion seal leaking as well. This is my first attemtp to get it repaired. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a check on the repair.

Users who are viewing this thread