My detailing job for tomorrow [Pics]

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
So, it's time to detail the girlfriend's car tomorrow. This will be the first time I've done her car, and by the looks of it, it's going to take me a while. She's got some scratches that aren't going to be able to be buffed out since they're down to the metal so I won't worry about those. There is one spot above her driver's side door that I think I might have a bit of trouble with. According to her, she tried to clean off some bird poop but it seems she didn't do it right and totally messed it up. Pics below.

Bird poop damage.
Mazda3Detail.jpg

Pretty much how the whole car looks.
Mazda3Detail5.jpg

Mazda3Detail4.jpg

Now, the strongest stuff I've got is SSR 2.5, which is really making me worry that i won't be able to do anything to that bird poop wet sand job she did. I'll be using a PC with the strongest cutting pad being an Orange Lake County pad. I'll post more pics tomorrow once I'm finished.

TMoney

Established Member
wow.. I'm looking forward to see the results.
BTW the face plate on your 360 kicks ass.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Thats not even worth it, it will take 2 or 3 days just to try and buff the swirls out, most of which a porter cable aint ganna touch. Then youll have to wax etc. And then on top of it, you gotta wash it, clay it? Your looking at a whole week on this car lol

I think she used sand paper on the bird poop.

V-Sicks

Established Member
Thats not even worth it, it will take 2 or 3 days just to try and buff the swirls out, most of which a porter cable aint ganna touch. Then youll have to wax etc. And then on top of it, you gotta wash it, clay it? Your looking at a whole week on this car lol

I think she used sand paper on the bird poop.

:dw:

2-3 days? :lol1: Maybe 3-5 hours.

The 2.5 with the Orange pad will do the job on the swirled paint but as far as the sand marks, you might have to step up to SSR3 w/ the PC. Good luck tho, keep us updated. :beer:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
:dw:

2-3 days? :lol1: Maybe 3-5 hours.

The 2.5 with the Orange pad will do the job on the swirled paint but as far as the sand marks, you might have to step up to SSR3 w/ the PC. Good luck tho, keep us updated. :beer:

the jokes on you. If you can ssr2.5 and ssr1 a whole car in 3 hours your not working the product right. Its not breaking it down all the way, which wont get you the full effect and leaves you with micromarrying.

V-Sicks

Established Member
the jokes on you. If you can ssr2.5 and ssr1 a whole car in 3 hours your not working the product right. Its not breaking it down all the way, which wont get you the full effect and leaves you with micromarrying.

sorry i use menzerna products:shrug:

and yes you can cut/polish in 5 hours.

01vert

Established Member
Ouch, what she use to get rid of the Bird poop? a rock?

Do small sections, try the worst area first to see what kind of correction you can get and GOOD LUCK!

You could also run the area once then go over it again, cutting it twice to see if any further improvement occurs. Looks like you are gonna be at it for a while.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
If you can wait and pick up Menzerna Intensive Polish. It will work and take care of those scratches.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
She must have used a green brite pad or something . good luck Rotary time.

Yeah, I think I remember her telling me that she used a green scrubbing pad. I was overseas when she did this and she called me and asked how to remove it. I told her just to soak the poop with a lot of water then dab it off with a clean cloth and not to scrub it since bird poop can be abrasive itself. Obviously she didn't listen.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
I don't think the Lake Country orange pad is the strongest. I believe there is a yellow pad which is another step up. You can get alot of those swirls out and I dont think it would take 3-5.

Take some pictures when you get done!

spike_africa

Established Member
Damn thats really bad for such a new car. I know the feeling though on the g/f car. My gf has a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo that while nice the paint isnt great. Wasnt even waxed for 3 years the last owner had it. I did a light touch up on it, but i just cant make myself want to work on her car because well its not mine lol.

I really want to see how well you can fix those problems with the poorboys stuff as i love poorboys so its nice to see how well they can actully work for other people besides me.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Well, I'm almost finished with the paint. I got a later start on it than I wanted, plus it's taken me A LOT longer than expected. Here are a few shots with everything done except Natty's Blue Wax. I did the following to the car today.

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. SSR 2.5 w/ Orange pad
4. SSR 1.0 w/ White pad
5. Red Moose Machine Glaze

The SSR left a lot of dust so I'm going to have to go around with the quick detailer and clean all of it up, but as far as the paint goes, I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Finished3.jpg

Finished2.jpg

And last but not least, the bird poop spot.

Finished.jpg

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
looks like it came out well. Did the RMG fill any of the leftover scratches? What kind of wax are you going to put over the RMG?

Users who are viewing this thread