My driver side seat motor stopped working, help!

Bootbox

Established Member
Anyone know what fuse the driver's seat runs on? I can't find my owner's manual.

Also, if it's not the fuse and the motor is blown, is there anyway I can move the seat by physically forcing the motor to turn somehow? It almost seems locked right now. I was moving it up when it stopped working and now it's so close to the wheel that I can't get my knees in there and the truck is undriveable until I can move my seat back. I checked the track for obstruction, but the bottom line is that the motor is just silent when I hit the button, not trying to move at all.

HELP :shrug:

Last edited:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Check for a clicking from the motor when hitting the motor. If no clicking then there is probabyl no power to the motor. If there is a clicking then the motor is bad and had to be replaced. My best advise is to call a ford dealership, not got there, but just call and ask the service guy where the fuse is. If there is one just for the seat. You never know the seat fuse may be tied into another fuse. Hope this helps. Will the seat move up and down?

Bootbox

Established Member
The seat won't move at all in any direction and there is no clicking, the motor isn't making any noise at all when I try to move the seat. I've got my dad coming over right now with his multimeter but I'd love if someone could chime in with the fuse for the seat.

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
If there is no clicking at all, check the maxi fuse #112 30Amp in the under hood power distribution box. If it is good, the motor is probably locked or shot.

You could also remove the seat to see if you can free it up. The motor shaft on my Mustang could be moved by using vise grips on the shaft housing. Not sure if this will work for you however.

Users who are viewing this thread