My Dyno Results, forged 4.6 L on motor

Taz

Established Member
Damn, Joe! Looks like that bad boy is gonna be a screamer at the track with 5K+ launches.

I'll bet you'll be able to regain a lot of that bottom end once you adjust the MAF transfer function to compensate for the intake modifications, too.

Let me take a wild guess here. A/F went really lean on you down in the lower RPM range, didn't it? And does the calibration error decrease fairly linearly up to about 5200, after which point it's fairly close the rest of the way out? Just a wild guess.

T-

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Taz--lean on the low end and rich on the high end. I may get a little back, but not much. The short runner intake skewed the curve big time. Have MAFterburner, will get it right.

Joe

Taz

Established Member
No doubt here at all that you'll get it where you think it needs to be. Best of luck and keep us posted.

T-

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Razor--I just went to your web site and watched the videos and read the stuff. Nice job.

You and I both have a TKO in our future, LOL.

Joe

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by Joe Lynch
Razor--I just went to your web site and watched the videos and read the stuff. Nice job.

You and I both have a TKO in our future, LOL.

Joe

That's for sure Joe.:lol: I have a set of ET Streets now so I can finally lay down a decent number and 60ft. time too. IMO my driving sucks on the Nitto DR's.

Razor.:beer:

Joe Lynch

Established Member
What did you guys see as a variation in ratio left to right bank? I'm seeing 0.2 difference moving probe side to side, with the right bank being the leanest, just the opposite of what I expected.

Also, has anyone added another intake gasket to get some additional lid height?

Joe

PS--nothing is easier to drive than a live axle setup with slicks. Hold at 6800 rpm and swap feet a little after the last yellow.

Taz

Established Member
Joe,

Both sides on mine are very close. , but which is leaner is RPM dependent. If that makes any sense to you, could you please explain it to me? :shrug:

Anyway, driver side slightly (0.1) leaner below 3.6K. Identical at 3.6K. Passenger side 0.1 leaner above 3.6K.

Haven't played around lid height.

Now that you've been to the digs with the new setup, how did your 60' times compare with pre-build times? How about ET's and trap speeds?

Inquiring minds want to know. :-D

T-

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Taz--When I went to the races Friday, I didn't know it but I had 2 lbs of nitrous in the bottle and the dip tube was in the vapor space. Equivalent to about a 50 hp shot. I ran a 12.09 with a 1.51 60' granny shifting due to a bent wheel and some wobble in 3rd and 4th. I also put the alum flywheel back in with the forged motor, so I have a lot of variables.

If you believe the 50 shot vapor, then the 1.51 is exactly what I would have expected--about 1/2 way between motor and a normal 100 shot run in the low 1.4n's.

I won't really know until this coming weekend when I get some dyno runs on the liquid phase nitrous at a true 100 and then 150 shot. I am not at ALL concerned about low mid range or low end torque. That simply is not an issue. I jerked the wheels on a 50 shot vapor. I am pretty sure it will run low 11s on Friday night.

The rev limiter is going to be a problem. I am expecting a JMS chip reburn with the rev limiter either raised to 8000 rpm or defeated. It may not be here by Friday. Without the rev limiter re-set, I am going to be hurting. But I will run the car with a full bottle and a new wheel and the stock rev limiter if I have to.

Also, keep in mind that these times and 60s are at 3000 feet in hot weather. I will run 0.2-0.3 quicker ETs in Ennis or San Antonio.

Joe

Taz

Established Member
Yea, buddy! With low 11's in sight, can 10's be very far off?

T-

Users who are viewing this thread