My father in-laws 1975 Greenwood vette *PICS*

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
This is was my step-dad's 1975 Greenwood Corvette. This car was so awesome, and it's what sparked my passion for cars. I'll never forget this car and still think about it often. They are very rare and I believe there are only about 15 of these that are still around. There were 20 (If memory serves me) Greenwood Corvettes made in this model in 1975. It is one of the first cars I've ever driven..since then I've been obsessed with cars.

1975-greenwood-corvette.jpg

My step-dad sold this car for a mere 13 thousand because he was in a pinch (IRS). If he didn't sell her, she would have been mine today. And the person he sold it to paid someone to set it on FIRE so he could get the insurance! :cryying: :bash: :(

(I took pictures, of the pictures, with my webcam..please excuse the quality)

Last edited:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I forgot one.

Picture200.jpg

He owned both those cars at the time. The Z-28 had a 350 TPI heavily modded with juice. I believe it ran mid 12's before he sold it.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Cool, not any of those around. There used to be one a ll junked out around here but it was burned(ha) down in a big fire

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Dude..he sold that vette in Roanoke VA right after he sold his house down there. If we are talking about the same car that would be pretty crazy.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Originally posted by xilix
Dude..he sold that vette in Roanoke VA right after he sold his house down there. If we are talking about the same car that would be pretty crazy.

Hm....when was it burned?

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
5-6 years ago. Explosion made the car flip.

I used to wait by the window everyday for him to come home from work so we could go for a drive. That thing was such a blast. Goodtimes man, goodtimes.

I wish I had a scanner or someting. The webcam just doesn't do the car justice. But I just had to post them. My father in-law found the pics in an old chest, so he gave them to me. I'll see if I can have walgreens scan them for me.

Here is a webstie about the car. With some nice pics.

http://www.greenwoodcorvettes.com/StreetGT.html

Last edited:

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I remember his vettes of the c4's and how he made those look nice. I wonder if Greenwood still does custom vettes...

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I'm not sure if they do in-house tuning for the engines anymore. I think they are primarily just body work and maybe some suspension work now.

I think Callaway and Lingenfelter have taken over the tuning market pretty much.

Users who are viewing this thread