My FFR AC Cobra build thread

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
This is what I came back with. Nice little kit that should be enough to do the entire car.

The real treat was back in their shop. Bonus points if you know what it is.
2d3e8102886d0cfdef2a9beb70f21747.jpg
a33956e4c3bddd92f405fe3ba431edbd.jpg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
@kazman is closest. That is a '57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. Something like 350 built. This one has a Duramax diesel in it. There's virtually nothing on it that hasn't been customized. Has a factory, stainless steel top.
ea56ecb5a5cee600e3487c0a72674ef2.jpg

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Very nice, very expensive. About $20/ea. I may have to just bite the bullet.

What I don't want, is to look under the car in a few years and see a bunch of rusty clamps. And I'm sure the ones they sent will rust, even if I never drive in the rain.
I agree with you 100%. The devil is in the details. The bottom of the car needs to look as good as the top of the car. I have never liked the adel style clamps. They are especially offensive to me in a custom car build. A guy spends 100k building a car and heaps out on the clamps holding the brake/fuel lines? What’s with that? There are other options on Amazon too, probably made in China but considerably cheaper and look decent, for what they have to do it might be worth a look. Your build is looking great. I love your updates and envy your shop!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
These are what I am using for my hoses/lines. I have a return fuel system so like the idea of feed and return lines running together in the double clamps. Also have some 3/16 and 1/4 ones coming for brake lines.

Attachments

• IMG_6248.png
    IMG_6248.png
    543.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6247.png
    IMG_6247.png
    546.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6246.png
    IMG_6246.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 22

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are nice looking hardware. The only thing about these clips I bought that I would change, is to make a little cap to go on top. To close off the entire clamp.

When I did the math, these end up being a little over $3 a piece.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Those are nice looking hardware. The only thing about these clips I bought that I would change, is to make a little cap to go on top. To close off the entire clamp.

When I did the math, these end up being a little over $3 a piece.
Looks like a good seat to me, I am looking forward to the installed pics. I have not seen that type of hardware before. May I assume they attache via a screw though the center?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like a good seat to me, I am looking forward to the installed pics. I have not seen that type of hardware before. May I assume they attache via a screw though the center?
Yes, exactly. The nice things is, you can snap the line in and out of these clips anytime you want.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Highly modified. The doors are pretty cool. Front door opens normally and the rear door opens suicide style. Much like the F150 extended cab doors open. They modified the rear door so the trim line makes a more gentle sweep down, instead of a sharp turn down.
The entire front clip of this car is a single stamping. Fenders and front are not separate. So many details on the car that make it really cool.

These are the same guys that built the 2008 Riddler award car. A 1960 rambler with Ferrari running gear.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to side track your original thread.

Love those tubing stand offs.

Moar picktchurs of the Cobra, please.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
You're using 5200 as panel sealer/adhesive? Interesting call. Just at the rivets or the whole panel seam?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
You're using 5200 as panel sealer/adhesive? Interesting call. Just at the rivets or the whole panel seam?
Yes. I did a lot of back and forth before I actually purchased it. Weighed the pros and cons and came to the conclusion that this was the way to go... for me. Although, I almost thought it was a mistake. I put the front panel on the driver's footbox, only to find out that I riveted it down too soon. The next morning I drilled the rivets out and peeled it back off. Ended up not that bad. I had read about guys that said they ruined panels when trying to remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread