My Final Goodbye

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Well guys. I officially do not own any Ford's anymore. The wife and I traded her '02 Escape XLT and my '00 Lightning in on Saturday and Sunday. She got an '02 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro (3.0L V6) Automatic. I still had my Lightning on Saturday when she got her Audi. I wanted to take it for a spin and fell in love. So Sunday we went back to that same dealership and I got the other Audi that was there. This one is a '00 Audi A6 Quattro (4.2L V8) Automatic.

These cars maybe both automatic but they are sure fun as hell with the tiptronic and all-wheel drive. She got hers for $18,995 w/ 43,xxx miles. I got mine for $17,995 w/ 54,xxx Miles on it. Good deal considering the the Suggested Retail Value is $23,500 for both.

On the other hand, I would just like to take a moment and thank everyone for all the help. Fade 2 Black, SiD, and L.L. keep up the great work! Always appreciate it... Will be around the site. Thanks again for a great time and a great site/forums.:-D

red00lght

Established Member
Good luck with the Audi! I bought my wife the A4 1.8T CVT sport package new in 2003. She has 80x miles on it already. She loves the car....looks great, handles great, slow as hell..lol, however...the 1.8T had a major problem with oil sludge. Audi even sent out a letter extending the warranty for that issue. Ours has had lots of oil problems as well due to the sludge, but I think the 6 cylinders aren't having this issue.

The other issue has been the sport package...a b!tch to keep aligned and goes through tires like crazy. Also, the interior painted surfaces are peeling everywhere in a big way and we take very good care of the car.

Overall we have been pretty disappointed I guess. Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but it is good to know what problems may arise. :read:

Last service visit: new battery, oil change, wiper blades = $400!!! :whine:

Sorry for the venting and hopefully your experience with Audi cars is much better than ours has been! :thumbsup:

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Bootbox said:
So long, enjoy your family sedan!

:poke:

You maybe right Fade... That's exactly why we got them. Performance, Luxury, 4-Doors. LOL, and one hell of a price tag for maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread