My First Bike!

0310thstock

Established Member
I picked this up this weekend. I have never rode before so it was a little scary at first. I plan on riding to work as often as possible. :banana:

IMAG0032-2.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

cbr repsol

Established Member
Congrats,i rec taking a motorcycle safety cource. It also helps u get your license by just taking the written test. Some insurance comp also give u a discout on insurance as well.
Good luck

SHOdown220

Established Member
very nice man! nightster 1200? I have been eyeing the iron 883 or the forty eight lately... but for now im happy with my cbr. like others said i would recommend the MSF course, lots of good things to learn there and it helps with insurance and license. stay safe!

Woody6799

Established Member
Nice bike... I would never go with a brand new bike as a first bike, I dropped my first 2 or 3 times just from being stupid. I would have bought a used for a year and then a new... but since you bought it be careful!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
nice bike... I would never go with a brand new bike as a first bike, i dropped my first 2 or 3 times just from being stupid. I would have bought a used for a year and then a new... But since you bought it be careful!

+1

0310thstock

Established Member
Thanks, guys. It is a Nightster 1200. I didn't want a new one at first. I wanted an iron 883 with mini apes on it. It was an 09. The reason I went new was because you get better financing with a new bike.
I am going to take the safety course especially since Harley reimburses you.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Honestly the price between some new and used bikes (Harleys for example), doesn't really warrant buying used when the prices are so close. You end up paying the same or more for a used bike with miles and wear because of the interest rates. Unless by used you mean a much older model you pay cash for which is always a good idea unless you are really eager to get on a bike and finance instead of saving up for a cash bike.

All personal preference but I don't see an issue with a new bike, if you drop it in your driveway or coming to a stop it's not that big a deal, and is going to cost you just as much to fix as a used bike

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
Looks great, I've been rocking a Sporty 1200C for awhile now. As others said, take the safety course and it would not hurt to take the advanced class afterwards.

For you first mod's I recommend a Stage 1 upgrade. Makes a world of difference on these bikes.

Good luck, be careful, and enjoy!

0310thstock

Established Member
What's a stage 1 upgrade? I think I want to do pipes, mini apes, and powder coat some pieces on it.

aaandht

Established Member
Sweet bike. Check out XLForum.net for all your Sportster needs(and mod ideas!).

Users who are viewing this thread