My first Build (10.5, Boosted, E-85)

SuperMach1

Established Member
So I've been gathering parts for the past 6 months and now it's time to get things moving. The goal is to have a 10 second street car. The only weight reduction will be the k member.

Parts I have so far:

Used Mach block with crank
Manley .020 over flat tops w/ rings
2013 Boss Rods
ARP hardware
98 Cobra Cams
A set of Ported C Heads (supposedly stage 2 livernois heads but can't confirm)
MMR Hurricane oil pump
UPR K-Member

Once my timing chain kit comes in I will send the block to the builder.

SuperMach1

Established Member
Here's the reason why my build came earlier then expected. At the end of the track you'll see a puff off smoke come out the exhaust. The next day I had a lot of oil in my catch can and in one of my spark plugs. So the day after I got a compression test and cylinder #6 was at 106, the rest were around 182, 184 can't remember. My car still drives fine but I haven't driven it since. Next time I drive will be when I take the car to my buddy's shop so he can pull the motor and install the new one.

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPTfxHD50PY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SuperMach1

Established Member
Pic of the used block.

unnamed+%25287%2529.jpg

SuperMach1

Established Member
Just sent the heads to get the oversized intake valves installed and a 4 angle valve job. Once the heads are done everything else will be going to the builder. Getting closer!

BRTebilROFHImk_B5BpwFa7nF_AZOumZarydNKtirVY=w192-h108-p-no

Last edited:

SuperMach1

Established Member
Sent my valve covers to get powder coated. The azure blue they had looked more like a grabber blue to me. I hope the color I picked matches up pretty good.My timing cover and my "Powered By Ford“ cop covers will be getting hydro dipped carbon fiber. My valve cover inserts will be getting dipped in carbon fiber too.
unnamed+%25288%2529.jpg

Last edited:

SuperMach1

Established Member
Just bought a Canton oil pan, windage tray, and gasket off of cragslist. Got it all for $200. Think i might be getting the oil pan hydro dipped carbon fiber or powder coated in blue.

VEWNCTZ-cri20TF8gctLAa8vd4Z4osfNf68G_utdtTs=w192-h108-p-no

SuperMach1

Established Member
Valve covers are here! They're not the perfect match but they look sweet. I also took a sneak peak at the carbon fiber looking timing cover and that thing looked bad ass. :rockon:

ABvxbXlxyVLk4heM5lyL3Bka9NbMOr2ylYzdmFuQVMM=w192-h108-p-no

SuperMach1

Established Member
The letters on the COP covers will be painted to match the valve covers. The circles and line under the lettering will be getting painted too.
14+-+3

Users who are viewing this thread