My first Mustang, my 32 year obsession

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Good afternoon everyone, I was extremely fortunate to have been gifted my father's 2001 Stage 2 Stang GT Convertible with a "whopping" 54,000 miles on it. I've been dreaming of this car since I was 21 and he has moved on and up with his cars so he has passed the torch (I'll go into more about his other cars later, they are the sh1t). I do not think he did much to the engine except lightened flywheel and maybe something to the camshaft or crankshaft? I'll be honest, I am a car stereo guy who has had nothing but Honda/Acura hatchbacks since 2004, so I'm not so much in the loop with Pony Power. I'm having it trailered the 1300 miles from his house in GA to mine, since I don't see any real reason to put it through snow and sub zero temps up here if I do not have to. So yeah, I have my first 'Stang! He got rid of his Fastback, Cougars, and Trunkback for a Cobra, so I'll send pix of that too :)
16084863_large.jpg

16084864_large.jpg

16084865_large.jpg

And here is the Snake - he says it has 535HP, which I do not doubt... He had a 351 Windsor Cleveland in the Fastback - wonder if he took it out and dropped it in the Shelby and put the stock 289 back in the Fastback... :shrugs: either way, great toys.

16084867_large.jpg

A few of the Stallion in the garage and out

16084868_large.jpg

16084869_large.jpg

16084866_large.jpg

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Got the VIN from my dad - Jack is Legit :)

VIN Search For "16469"

Result 1 of 1*:

• Model: Mustang
  • Model Year: 2001
  • Body Type: Conv
  • Bed Type: N/A
  • Engine Type: GT
  • Transmission: Man
  • Stage: 2
  • Color: White
  • Paint Code: Z1
  • Interior Color: Dk Grey
  • Build Site: B-50
  • Dealer: Friend Motor Sales
  • Prod Start Date: 14-Mar-02
  • Completion Date: 22-Mar-02
  • Build No: 8351

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
:) thats just what I call the coupe, ? :)

Here is a bit of info he sent me as well, so my question to you all is what is the difference in height between the R2 and Bullitt springs? Also I am on a hunt to find ethanol free gas, as he let Jack sit for a year not being used and it killed the fuel pump. I found some online for a hare under $5 a gallon, about 40 miles away near where I grew up at the airport...

We had "Bullitt" Mustang springs installed which are lower than a GT but higher than those with the R2 package. You will get the R2 springs with the car but I dont recommend them, unless you want to bottom out all the time. I would suggest the E-Free gas at any cost, that is if you want to do another fuel pump job ($500.00) like we did. It still has the factory wiper blades on it, the battery was new 2 or 3 years ago (direct Ford replacement), the tires are Michelin Pilot PS2, very expensive. otherwise it is as delivered......

Users who are viewing this thread