My First Shelby (and post)

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks guys! Glad to be here.

I like the ramps except for the fact that I can't get the car on them on level ground. Have to use the slope of my driveway to make it work. Considering removing the lower air splitter for some extra clearance.

Hmm interesting...I don't have that problem...though I never did put on the extra piece, but I didn't think it was that close to not clearing...interesting indeed.

michaeljtrent

Established Member
It might just be these specific ramps or maybe I'm too much of a baby to even let the splitter touch. Either way, the roads around here kind of suck so it's best to remove it anyway.

nhs156

Established Member
Welcome aboard! I have the front splitter attached and have yet to scrape it with 4,000 miles in pretty crappy roads (Houston). I am fairly careful with it, but the car's not low (stock). I scraped the standard front bumper on my BMW M Coupe frequently, and scrape the front bumper of my stock Mini every day I leave the driveway - but never the Ford.

michaeljtrent

Established Member
Thanks!

My biggest concern with the splitter is going in and out of my driveway every day. It has a large enough hump that I have to hit it at an angle. Still on the fence about it though. Like you said, I don't believe it really scrapes anywhere, just nervous about hurting my new baby is all. I like the look of having it on there though. It is definitely one of the little touches that adds a lot to the look IMO.

5.0 guy

Established Member
One of my favorite color combos, congrats , enjoy and hope you scare your local Camaros owners!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

bullsvt9313

Established Member
awesome car how did you get it in the trailer that way did you use a winch what about tie downs on the front. i am trying to figure out best way to get mine in my trailer

michaeljtrent

Established Member
awesome car how did you get it in the trailer that way did you use a winch what about tie downs on the front. i am trying to figure out best way to get mine in my trailer

They had a REALLY skinny guy that worked at the dealership that drove it on for me. We laid a blanket across the door so he could climb out.

Love the color. Ditch the trailer and drive the car......

I would have but I picked it up 6 hours away from my house.

Users who are viewing this thread