My Focus ST2

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
So I figure I will go ahead and start a "build thread" for my ST since I plan to get the mods going pretty soon. First, here she is on the dealer lot, looking mighty filthy.

And here she is after a poor dealer detail job. Should have told them not to touch it.

I just got her tinted today and order a Cobb AccessPort from FSWerks Tuning. The data logging features of the access port without a laptop in the car appealed to me since I plan to upgrade the FMIC to the Cobb unit as well. I want to get logs for IAT and coolant temps before and after the Cobb FMIC install/shutter removal to see the differences.

Just got some tint today, went with 20% on the fronts and 15% on everything else. Taking it back next week to get the full windshield done in 50%, tint guy had to order a larger roll for the size of the windshield.

Once I get the AccessPort in I will be heading over to Mo's Speed Shop in Dallas, GA for dyno comparison of the stock vs FSWerks 93 tune. I will log all the important stuff and put up graphs for every to check out.

I will keep everyone posting on the progress and plan to take a lot of pictures during the FMIC install. A Cobb adjustable short shift place is also on my list. Once that is done I will save up for some H&R coilovers.

o2gt

Established Member
love it I find the cars to be very interesting i would love to pick one up at some point. how is it to drive? i have looked at the tuning looks like you should pick up lots of nice tq.

SVT Rob

Established Member
If you have the opportunity, I suggest you go test drive one. They are very fun. It's not a rear wheel drive sports car, but in stock form, they have a lot of pick up. 1st gear is pretty much useless. From what I've seen in the aftermarket, it's not going to be too hard to make some good whp numbers.

Rob

TRBO VNM

Looking good. Just loaded my tune from Unleashed and ready to do the intake, steeda shift bracket and Cobb fmic once one if my lifts is free.

Looking forward to your build pics. I tend to forget to take pics of modding my own cars.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Looking good. Just loaded my tune from Unleashed and ready to do the intake, steeda shift bracket and Cobb fmic once one if my lifts is free.

Looking forward to your build pics. I tend to forget to take pics of modding my own cars.

Thanks, I saw your post on the .org site in Torrie's thread. Seems like he is pretty on top of his game. I decided to get the AccessPort for the ease of logging without a laptop. Don't have another car I could use an X3 on either. I plan to hit the dyno once my Access Port comes in next week and get some good logs for IATs and how much they increase with the stock intercooler. I need to go ahead and order the Cobb FMIC, I bet it is going to make such a difference.

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing some build stuff. I don't plan on doing much to mine, it will remain a daily driver until the warranty is out, at minimum. Thinking of the COBB shifter plate, and another set of stock wheels for some winter tires, but that's about it.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Looking forward to seeing some build stuff. I don't plan on doing much to mine, it will remain a daily driver until the warranty is out, at minimum. Thinking of the COBB shifter plate, and another set of stock wheels for some winter tires, but that's about it.

I understand man. I have a VW Tiguan that I put the miles on, so I'm going to do some mild things to the ST. I like that COBB shift plate since it is adjustable...going to order that bad boy soon as well. Will post up pics of all installs. Hopefully we can get a decent following on this site.

TRBO VNM

Yeah, the x3 made sense for me since I have the tuning software if I decide to tune it in the future. I am going to get some logs for torrie as is and see if he wants to tweak it at all. I don't really care since the other mods are going on soon. Luckily my dealer is mod friendly

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Looks good, I saw my first one a few weeks back on the EW Connector. That wasn't you, was it? The front end looks very aggressive.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I understand man. I have a VW Tiguan that I put the miles on, so I'm going to do some mild things to the ST. I like that COBB shift plate since it is adjustable...going to order that bad boy soon as well. Will post up pics of all installs. Hopefully we can get a decent following on this site.

I've got another play-toy/money-pit in my garage. I bought the ST as a reliable daily driver with a warranty. Been following them since they announced they were bringing them over here, and for a little fwd car, it's fun as hell.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Looks good, I saw my first one a few weeks back on the EW Connector. That wasn't you, was it? The front end looks very aggressive.

Very possibly could have been although I wasn't on the EW connector, I was on Austell Rd passing over EW.... But then again I've only had mine a week.

Wildjon

Established Member
We need to meet up. I'm seriously considering buying one...after multiple test drives, still not sold on the recaros. I'm not huge by any means, but not small either. I just hate to go ST1 for the seats and regret missing out on the Sony and MFT.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks great! The silver is really growing on me. If there's anything we can help you with, we'd be happy to do so. Just hit me up. Hope to be getting a Focus, or maybe a FiST as soon as my current lease is up!

Users who are viewing this thread