My friend getting 8's in his GT-R

TheHitman™

Established Member
My friend doing 8's in his GT-R

Well I felt that this was pretty cool. The owner of this GT-R has went from 3 different set ups which I have gone through a similar mod path and he just recently did some 8 second passes on his new set up. He broke a few GT-R records with them including the fastest GT-R on Ecutek (a stock ECU engine management system) fastest stock modified turbo GT-R (turbo upgrades on the stock manifold) and fastest GT-R on the stock exhaust. His mod list is as follows:

Spray it Racing Built Longblock
Spray it Racing Stage 3 turbos
Spray it Racing Race Intercooler + Induction system
ShepTrans Hybrid 2.5 + 1-6 PPG Gears
Boostlogic Intake manifold
Weapons Grade Performance Carbon Brakes
Spray it Racing triple Pump fuel system
Spray it Racing 2000cc injectors
AMS Fuel rails
Pump E80 fuel
EcuTek RaceRom Tuned by Bill Guthrie

Dyno vid:
[youtube_browser]tRyCgyaMXBc[/youtube_browser]

Runs at the track:
[youtube_browser]urocyuOuiRU[/youtube_browser]

This car was at TX2K13 with about 700whp (was in the 1320 Texas streets video) and will be back at TX2K14.

Last edited:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Coolest part of that video is him just pulling up to stage like he's at a stop light, then knocks down an 8 second pass.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The only complaint I have really, and it's not just GT-R specific, is how everyone wants to break down records by the most minute stuff. I mean, fastest GT-R with stock exhaust... Really? :dw:

Awesome car! Maybe one day I can have something as badass!

TheHitman™

Established Member
The only complaint I have really, and it's not just GT-R specific, is how everyone wants to break down records by the most minute stuff. I mean, fastest GT-R with stock exhaust... Really? :dw:

Awesome car! Maybe one day I can have something as badass!

I know. I've seen it in different platforms. Supras, Cobras, Corvettes etc. :shrug:

Because of what his car did with those turbos I picked up a pair of the same ones. With my current motor and trans set up I should be good for 800whp on pump and about 920whp on E85. I just need more injector.

Wayneo

Established Member
GTR's are just in insane!! Pretty much unbeatable its ridiculous!! How much power can those do stock motors handle anyway?

Blown02

Established Member
very nice! theres a 8sec green gtr down here, built by jotech.. pretty extreme.. although it didnt seem to be very consistent at the track..

95SC

Banned
The mod list is about 40-50k but the labor done was a lot. There was a bit of extra port work done to make everything work.

$40K-50K in parts is not that bad for a 8 second car , but how the f..... he got charged $40K for a labor. I was reading that build like this costs $80-90K installed ,tuned

Last edited:

whitedevil0321

Established Member
$200K to run 8's......pass

i dont see why people care so much what people spent who gives a **** he has the money thats the car he wanted to buy and hes doing what he wants to it .... to each his own ive seen the car plenty of times in person hes a cool guy and hes having fun with HIS car....

Kiohtee

Established Member
Those of you thinking only one-dimensional are hilarious. This car being able to run 8s in the 1/4 is only icing on the cake to what it can still do through the twisties, on wet roads and in the snow! Add to that that anyone can drive it in/through any of the aforementioned conditions and $200k isn't really that bad.

Hell, just try building a legit, reliable 8-second car. It's still gonna cost a pretty penny, but at least it'll look good in your trailer on the way home.

TheHitman™

Established Member
$40K-50K in parts is not that bad for a 8 second car , but how the f..... he got charged $40K for a labor. I was reading that build like this costs $80-90K installed ,tuned

It's more like 70k after everything was said and done. I spoke with Bill (the builder) extensively on this build. The car revs to 9k which only a few GT-Rs in the world can actually do, the Alpha Omega and the Goliath. And a ton of labor on porting the exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, custom building the intercooler, etc. His build is really one of a kind which is why I like it alot. I bought the same turbos as the owner because of this.

As for justifying the price, it's a different platform, one that's low volume so prices are going to be expensive. If he wanted cheap and fast in the 1/4 he could have got a foxbody put a race motor and ran 7's but the owner decided to push his car further and see how far he could push his set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread