My friends Camaro

bandit_48032

Established Member
So after about a year and a half of goofing around my buddy finally just finished up his V6 to a V8 engine swap.

He has a 93 Camaro and he dropped a 99 LS1 into the car. Put a new rear end in the car with 3.42 gears, a cold air intake, and Pacesetter long tubes, with an offroad Y and the SLP Loudmouth II.

I wish he would of just sold that V6 Camaro and bought a newer Mustang and did some work to it...but oh well. The thing sounds mean as hell....I've never heard anything like it. I knew it was gonna be loud because I had the SLP Loudmouth 1 on my car, but I had the stock mid pipe and manifolds but even with him having the Loudmouth II I've never heard something so loud and mean sounding in my entire life.

Everything runs great on the car but for some odd reason none of his gauges work except his gas guage. I'm guessing it's just computer problem.

When ever I get around the purchasing a Mustang now that I've sold my firebird....I think I'm dead set on the SLP exhaust now!

bandit_48032

Established Member
VegasSVTWanted said:
:xpl: to a V8 swap.. It's still a CAMARO..

I know it's still a Camaro....I told him to just get a Mustang...but his Dad helped him pick out the car and shortly afterwords his Dad passed away.....so it has a lot of sentimental value to it.

bandit_48032

Established Member
snake134 said:
if you get a mustang, you'll have more of a choice then just SLP

I know there will be a lot more choices, I just don't know if anything will be as loud as the SLP. I mean the SLP isn't just loud but it has a good tone and is just beastly sounding. After I put SLP on my firebird I just don't think I could ever go back to having to deal with a giant muffler on my car ever again.

Unless I were to put 2, 3in cutouts on an offroad H or X :rockon:

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
bandit_48032 said:
I know there will be a lot more choices, I just don't know if anything will be as loud as the SLP. I mean the SLP isn't just loud but it has a good tone and is just beastly sounding. After I put SLP on my firebird I just don't think I could ever go back to having to deal with a giant muffler on my car ever again.

Unless I were to put 2, 3in cutouts on an offroad H or X :rockon:
I personally think it osunds like shit on mustangs. My dad has the loudmouth 1 on his cobra and eh i think my loudmouths sound a whole lot better on my Z than they do on hos cobra

DocHolliday01

Established Member
whtgt02vert said:
I personally think it osunds like shit on mustangs. My dad has the loudmouth 1 on his cobra and eh i think my loudmouths sound a whole lot better on my Z than they do on hos cobra

yeah i cant stand how SLP sounds on mustangs :shrug:

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Its the sickest sounding car you have ever heard ?

Either that mother is built to the hilt or you have seen very little.
Hard to believe the latter in MI.

bandit_48032

Established Member
Zorabot said:
Its the sickest sounding car you have ever heard ?

Either that mother is built to the hilt or you have seen very little.
Hard to believe the latter in MI.

Ok...well maybe not the sickest I have ever heard but it sounds damn good. There is a guy running around with 12k he dropped into an LT1 that he had built at Livernois motorsports, and there is a guy running around with about 25k put into his TA that was also built at Livernois and I think his car sounds better than the both of them.....but for a GM car his Camaro sounds pretty good.

It doesn't sound nearly as nice as your average mustang....but for a GM car.....pretty nice!

Last edited:

bandit_48032

Established Member
Zorabot said:
While it is idling does it sound like the drum intro to VAN HALENS HOT FOR TEACHER ?

haha nice. No lope....he didn't have any head or cam work done....he says thats later on down the road.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
I use slp LMI with o/r x
th_DynoPull2.gif

One of the loudest systems my shop has heard on a street car

Users who are viewing this thread