My front end looses it under WOT?

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
We both have MT ET Street S/S drag radial tires on the back (305/35/20). I run radials on the front as well (nitto 555). I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) Crazyredsvt is running the stock goodyear radials on the front.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
If you roll smoothly into the throttle all the way to WOT, does it steer the car more as throttle increases? Mine does, and wobbles a bit too. A few mins under the rear suspension and the lower control arm bushings appear to be fairly soft at this age. When I went to a wider tire that gave me more grip, the drifting/ wobble got worse. I have all new rear suspension ready to go in her now, and I'm quite sure that will solve my wandering on/off throttle and at WOT.

My 14 V6 even had this issue too. You could steer it with the throttle, it would damn near lane change actually. at 40k miles, the upper control arm bushings were trashed, all spider cracked and soft, and the lowers weren't much better. Put all Whiteline rear arms in her, and you could let go of the wheel and lay into it, and it would barely drift anywhere.

You can check the alignment and what not, as its never a bad idea to make sure that is correct. But with the torque these cars make, don't forget the effect the rear suspension has on the front end.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I just put on Nitto 555R 305/35/20’s on my 9.5 performance pack wheels (2013 GT500). It floats/wobbles a bit under WOT when I go above 70mph. But man... they hook like glue! I can stand on it and just go. Gonna check all bushings/etc. but car only has 13,000 miles on it. So let us know what you find.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I ended up doing front A arms as well when I was doing all the suspension stuff I have no floating/wobbling it is TIGHT lol but def have no issues getting on it super easy to control

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Here is a quick video of the stock arm out of my 47k mile 13. It's very soft and im sure struggles quite a bit to keep the axle from rolling on hard launches. the lower arms aren't much better either.

Users who are viewing this thread