my fun install today

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
so i installed my 4# lower today. sounds basic and easy right. yeah, well i started off and there werent any problems, everything went smooth until it came to loosening the pullie. i put the first breaker bar to the test and that one snapped without much of a problem. i then grabbed my torque wrench thinking i could set it higher and not have a problem. everything started off alright, and then i heard a loud pop. i immediatelt thought that the pullie was loose so i was all happy, until i tried to take it off and it wouldnt move. i then looked at the torque wrench WHICH I ALSO BROKE. discount took it back and i bought another breaker bar which finally worke.

Cliffs Notes : easy job ended up breaking a breaker bar and a torque wrench and a lot of agrivation, but it is finally done. tune is tomorrow.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I used a REAL allen wrench and the pipe handle from my snap on floor jack. Busted loose in two seconds...and it had been on there since 99.

Jesse

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
If I read your post right you were loosening the bolts with a torque wrench?Thats a big no-no. :nonono:Take care of those special tools,only tighten with a torque wrench.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
the torque wrench that i had ws a piece of crap, the good craftsman one that i still have is in the tool cart, where it stays until i need it. i had some good tools but living in college i lost a lot of them to the old roommates and after all the years i have just started to get all of them back. once i had a good breaker bar it only took a few minutes. but i totally agree about the torque wrench, if it were my good one i wouldnt have used it.

Users who are viewing this thread