my girlfriend is afraid of my car

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
we've been together for a few years now and she's been on quite a few quick rides i've owned. cars and bikes such as my worked sti, and my gsxr1000 and zx7rr, the zx7rr being the one that got totaled when a 17yr old rear ended me and broke my neck in two spots. anyway, since i got the cobra back from the shop with the mods, it's a total animal. the supercharger whine is so loud, you can barely hear yourself think, but i'm not complaining. anyway, i'm a very safe driver, but my girlfriend told me she is very afraid of this car, and she was dead serious about it. i drive it very conservatively with her because i know she's afraid, but you can still see how she's tense in it. so to sum everything up, with the way she feels and the way she looks when i accelerate, i, for now, have the car right where i want it.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
badsube said:
we've been together for a few years now and she's been on quite a few quick rides i've owned. cars and bikes such as my worked sti, and my gsxr1000 and zx7rr, the zx7rr being the one that got totaled when a 17yr old rear ended me and broke my neck in two spots. anyway, since i got the cobra back from the shop with the mods, it's a total animal. the supercharger whine is so loud, you can barely hear yourself think, but i'm not complaining. anyway, i'm a very safe driver, but my girlfriend told me she is very afraid of this car, and she was dead serious about it. i drive it very conservatively with her because i know she's afraid, but you can still see how she's tense in it. so to sum everything up, with the way she feels and the way she looks when i accelerate, i, for now, have the car right where i want it.

Good - then she will never ask to drive it - just how you want it.... :beer:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Lucky you! Mine is not..she wants to drive it! Which scares the crap out of me! She is a little speed demon. She has a Crossfire and trys to race everyone!

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
hahhah... but to be honest with you most of my girlfriends hated my car. They thought it was too loud and uncomfortable. They liked the way it looked and all but it just wasn't for them... but i don't care. I didn't build the car to get girls, i built that shit for myself!

i can totally hear that though...that's why i have a denali also which everyone loves :beer:

Tills

Established Member
badsube said:

My Wife

"I like your car when you drive it normal (i.e. slow) but when it sounds like a jet engine taking off I get nervous"

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Lucky you! Mine is not..she wants to drive it! Which scares the crap out of me! She is a little speed demon. She has a Crossfire and trys to race everyone!

Just be careful she doesn't knock it off the jackstands!! :poke:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Rick James said:
Just be careful she doesn't knock it off the jackstands!! :poke:

WHere have you been! It's not on the jackstands any more. Did you not see my posts....? Um..and the new sig pic? Someone needs to wake up!

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
WHere have you been! It's not on the jackstands any more. Did you not see my posts....? Um..and the new sig pic? Someone needs to wake up!

I know, I know....old habits die hard I guess! New pic looks sick by the way. :beer:

ravage

The Prick's on the Inside
Established Member
badsube said:
for now, have the car right where i want it.
that will last about a week.

But I know what you mean, my best friend refuses to ride in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread