My GT vs. heads/cam vette

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
damn that Vette is running rich as hell and he missed a shift the first race really bad! good races though, nice to see a Vette owner actually drive and not be a pansy.

BTW- I like your seat cover! blondes are great

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Nice Kill... The driver wins this one.:thumbsup:

Looks like the vette was a little faster. When he nailed his shifts he was pulling slowly. BUT very CLOSE

Do you know what kind of power he is making..

You can have a 420rwhp H/C vette and a 510rwhp H/C vette depedning on parts and how aggressive the setup is.

EDIT--WHoops just saw the original post.:beer:

Last edited:

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by Vanride69
damn that Vette is running rich as hell and he missed a shift the first race really bad! good races though, nice to see a Vette owner actually drive and not be a pansy.

BTW- I like your seat cover! blondes are great

Agreed with the vette driving and highly agreed with blondes are great. I love blondes!

nytmare00gt

Established Member
awesome car man....just an idea, judgin by ur sig pic, car would look alot better with some dark tint...none the less...badass car ya got

PhatSVT

Established Member
Yeah the weight is what got me on this one. His vette is pretty healthy. He is running on a stock clutch that hates 4th gear. Also his knock sensor is pulling 6 degrees of timing. He made that 410 RWHP with the 6 degrees being pulled. He figured the problem out later and he also gets his nitrous kit this week. Gonna be one sick vette!

PhatSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Isolated
Awesome race, but your exhaust sounds weird (to me). Like you have glass packs or something.

LOL you are hearing nothing but the vettes exhaust. I think the same thing.

My exhaust is Mac o/r h-pipe and 2 chamber flows.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Awesome Vid! Phat you have one strong GT Congrats! Any more specs on his heads, cam etc? Us LS1 owners are dying to know!!!

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
ummm.... h/c making only 410.... ummmmmmmmmm you really need to find out what kind of heads and cam that is... that must be a baby cam and shitty heads and then it runs through that sorry ass IRS.... im just used to seeing head cam cars laying down way more HP than that... but great vid though

PhatSVT

Established Member
Sorry guys I am trying to get a hold of him to find out what h/c he has. All I know is when he gets that nitrous on there will be no racing in my stang anymore. I wanna ride shotgun. LOL.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
Nice vid!

Looks like the Vette owner needs an automatic instead of a manual. I strongly recommend that he practices on his shifts more before he sprays it. He can have all the power in the world, but what good is it when he can't drive?

Why didn't you race him from a stop? I think you would have had more of a chance. Missing gears like that, he would have never caught you...

PhatSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Coiled-up-GT

Why didn't you race him from a stop? I think you would have had more of a chance. Missing gears like that, he would have never caught you...

You know what... I am glad you bring that up. He said there will be no races from a dead stop. He knew what would happen. ;-) He is rolling on stock gearing where-as I have 4.10's with drag radials. :beer:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Nice video Sam, what road? The gt is really getting with it these days. :) Gotta make it down there. Nevermind I see what the road is, I thought it looked real close to where I used to live at.

Last edited:

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
PhatSVT;

You got that right! Just from watching the video, you would have torn him a new ass from a dead stop. Personally, I don't like racing from a roll. If I had an LS1 or a high HP car, that would be a different story. Get him to race you from a stop just one time for friends sake...:)

PS. Don't be afraid of the nitrous, just don't race him from a roll. Race him from a dig. Make him play catch up. He might catch you, he might NOT. Look at what you did to the Z28. Like they said, the weight is what is getting you. All your buddy is going to do is overpower the car and spin everywhere. Hook it really hard and out drive him. Good Luck...

Users who are viewing this thread