My GT vs. heads/cam vette

PhatSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys on the compliments.

About the Vette's head/cam combo here is what it is:

Patriot Stage 2 6.0 LIter truck heads with a 59 cc chamber. Cam is a 224/224 0.581"/0.581" lift and 112 lobe seperation. Engine compression is about 11.3:1

The camera woman isn't very photogenic, but here is a pic:
standard.jpg

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
Originally posted by PhatSVT
Thanks guys on the compliments.

About the Vette's head/cam combo here is what it is:

Patriot Stage 2 6.0 LIter truck heads with a 59 cc chamber. Cam is a 224/224 0.581"/0.581" lift and 112 lobe seperation. Engine compression is about 11.3:1

The camera woman isn't very photogenic, but here is a pic:
standard.jpg

omg patriot heads, get those off of that car.... they are sooo shitty... and that isnt that bad of a cam... it is a 224 split cam they are pretty bad ass... but :xpl: those heads...

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
1969 Fastback, There are better LS1 heads on the market, AFR, TEA, AS, MTI, Rapid etc..... But for their price they are helluva bang for the buck head. I paid $1295 shipped to my door for my Patriot Stage II 5.3L Heads, No Core charge and Free Shipping. These heads have 10.8-1 Compression and flow 300CFM @ .600 Lift. I picked up power all across the rev range and the car was much more responsive to the loud pedal. Damn if those shitty Patriot Heads will produce enough power for a HC C5 to pull on a 457rwhp Blown GT then I can't imagine how a good set of LS1 heads perform.....

Phat, The girl in the pic is Hot!!!! Hold on to her! Your friend is running almost the exact same cam as me only his has higher lift .581 to mine at .563. Tell your friend he has a strong setup that would be hard to improve upon except for going with a bigger cam.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Ryan- Thanks for the compliments on the girl. We just got married 4 months ago so I need to hold on to her for a while... LOL.

You sound like you have a healthy SS. The cam sounds awesome in the vette. I can't wait to see the highway races he gets in with the nitrous kit.

Users who are viewing this thread