My GT will be built 9/05/05.....can't wait.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Just got information on my yellow/black GT. Should have in time for Thanksgiving. Need to sell my 65 fastback but keeping the 00 "R" :banana:

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
00 Cobra R said:
Just got information on my yellow/black GT. Should have in time for Thanksgiving. Need to sell my 65 fastback but keeping the 00 "R" :banana:

I'm curious, with that build date, will it be an '05 or an '06?

00 Cobra R

Established Member
It will be one of the last 05's built. The cars got slowed up with all the recalls at first so they'll wait just a bit longer to start the 06 run. New colors for 06 are; dark gray to replace silver, and gulf blue with orange stripes like like 68 race car. That car will replace either the dk blue or the yellow color. Ford can only paint 6 different colors so they added two and are getting rid of two.

Florida Chris

Established Member
I would love to have a Gulf blue and orange car. If that choice was offered in 2005 that would have been mine. I wonder if the front end will be painted orange like to original too?

SVT4ME

Established Member
Ouch, you'll have snow around that time. Will you take it out or wait for the weather to clear, oh congrats on the super ride

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
I would love to have a Gulf blue and orange car. If that choice was offered in 2005 that would have been mine. I wonder if the front end will be painted orange like to original too?

Galpin always does this kind of stuff, so I wasn't shocked to see it...not a huge fan of the wheels though.

gulf.jpg

It is pretty interesting Ford is choosing to do a Gulf scheme. The tungsten silver is already going to be in relatively limited production, and I don't think the market for a Gulf car is huge...

Florida Chris

Established Member
DBK said:
Galpin always does this kind of stuff, so I wasn't shocked to see it...not a huge fan of the wheels though.

gulf.jpg

It is pretty interesting Ford is choosing to do a Gulf scheme. The tungsten silver is already going to be in relatively limited production, and I don't think the market for a Gulf car is huge...

Wow, those wheels really suck! After seeing the actual production paint job I think I'll keep my white/blue stripes. The concept paint job somehow looked better.

fordification

Established Member
Where did the wheels come from? Are they offered for 06?

Silver on black is the ultimate color combo. :D

Congrats on the purchase!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
love the orange and blue. like those wheels too. there are better wheels designs for the GT than those, but ive always liked lots of spokes.

z28WHAT

Got that Azzz sooo LOOOWW
Established Member
Northern Region of North Carolina...2005 NCAA NATI
You guys have some astounding vehicles!! Be nice to become that wealthy one day...Also, I believe Saleen put a lot of time and inovation into the Ford GT, they assembled a plant specificially for Ford GT production. I noticed their name gets left out at times.

Blake

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Just got notification that my car is now going down the line. It was suppose to start on Sept %th but they're ahead of schedule. I hope it doesn't get tied up in shipping. I feel like Christmas as a kid all over again............

FordGTGuy

Established Member
DBK said:

gulf.jpg

they made it to celebrate the 68' and 69' win in which Ford didn't take part in but Gulf and some other private owners did. Which is awesome.

wanna see the car that was made to rival the Ford GT-40?

P4-0b.jpg

now this car would teach an enzo a thing or two but it still got its ass kicked by the Ford GT-40.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
awesome... yellow is awesome, i have a diecast yellow version... i seen all the other colors except yellow ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread