My Kills on my Blown 3rd Gen Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

awdrocks

Banned
Well I have about 1,500 miles on my motor, and she is running like a dream. My kills so far are not much to brag about but they are getting better as I hunt down more cars. Keep in mind that my X stock form is a 16.6 1320 and about 8secs to 60.

Im still data logging and adjusting timing etc. My tune is not optimal yet and im waiting for my meth/water spray. Where I live we get bad pump gas and its HOT here.

First kills while just at 5psi and 1 degree of timing:

2004 BMW X5 3.0:
Walked him from a dead stop, went through first and second and had about 5 car lenths on him.

1998 AUDI A6 QUATRO TIP TRONIC:
We did a 1st gear blast. He called me out (a friend). I INSTANLTY took a full car length on him and kept pulling about a car every 2 second running out 2nd gear. Smoked him. He couldnt believe it.

2005 NISSAN ARMADA 5.6:
I was minding my own business, after a light turned green I was cruising and as I got into second I noticed he was getting on the gas... I started to put my foot down to see if this was a go... stayed side by side by him and I could hear his car winding up... he was on the gas... so I floored it still in second and I blasted about 1 1/2 cars ahead and just let off the gas as she changed to 3rd. He then flew by and kept going.

I know these dont seem like big kills to all you monsters out there. But apples to apples if my 4.6L X was totally stock I might have lost all these three races. This is all in 5psi with a HORRIBLE tune.

I have no dynos here, nor a 1/4 track with a laser. So I can just guestimate what im running. And comparing to my kills im getting an idea.

Now the kills are getting a little more interesting.

Im currently running 9psi, and about 8 degrees of timing. My MAF is pegging at only 5,200... motor still has a lot more.

Today I was driving down the street and in my rear view I see a bike racing a brand new Z4. Guess what? Yes the Z4 is now on my ass :-D

2006 BMW Z4:
Pulls up on my butt... I had a car in front of me... so I change lanes to the right... The Z4 follows me on my arsh. I said ok lets make sure I dont jump him and we at least get a fair race... I get on the gas just to make sure he wants to play... he is on me so deep I could not see his hood... I give it more gas and hes in the same position just pushing me to race. I floor it, my baby down shifts.... then all I can see in my rear view mirror is a little Z4 getting farther and farther away. When I got on it she downshifted to 3rd and I kept pulling to about 5,100 rpms, I had already had pulled about 4 cars on him and the gap was just getting bigger and bigger. He then zoomed by and I just cruised. I said.... well I guess that was cute, still probably not to good of a kill. So me anxiously wondering what those cars do, I grab my blackberry and Google the Z4. Appanently it does 0-60 in 5.4 secs and 1320 in 14.2. And I killed him from like 60-80. Now im getting more of an idea of what my X is capable of. I can say this Z4 was not even a challange in my weighed down street trim at about 4,800pnds on 20's.

About 30 minutes later I see a brand new Boxter... but it was a no go. Ill keep posting my kills here as they get better and better. Once my tune in dialed and I fix my MAF problem im challanging my bro's 2001 Carrera 996. That should be interesting...

Last edited:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Ditch the twankies and you should really rock. Sweet truck.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Titan 5.4????? :poke: :lol1:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
you're hotrodding an explorer?!?!

What are you trying to accomplish? worlds fastest trip to soccer practice

??????????........................... :??: .......................... :shrug:

nice 17sec kills :bored:

Riddla

Established Member
mc01svt said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

he wants something unique.....not a Mustang like everyone else.....he might surprise some Mustang owners :poke:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
mc01svt said:

Says the Lightning guy...:rolleyes:

And what are YOU trying to accomplish? Faster trips to Home Depot?

awdrocks

Banned
Yeah I changed it... it was a 5.6 ARMADA...

Like I said... those are not good kills but its all ive been able to kill.. so far.

And yes thank you BeyondLimitz.. very unique... its not just simple bolt ons anyone can slap on and make any car fast. Lots of planning, enginuity and BALLS. And it takes even bigger balls to do it a place like where I live. I cant drive to a shop up the street for any trouble shooting or help.

Im just doing Fords work for them... a super sport SUV thats going to kill the Porsche TT Cayenne, Dodge SRT10, Jeep SRT8 to name a few.... and last but not least... Lightings... oh did I mention all in the lap of luxury with a 7 passanger "soccer practice" SUV... and still lighter than a Lightning.... with traction!!! I can trim her down 200-300 pnds easy for some weeknd racing. Shes only 4,400pnds from factory. And this is a everyday go anywhere do anything take anyone tow anything daily driver.

What am I trying to accomplish? Something Ford is to chicken to do (Adrenaline..cough cough).. While ALL the other car manufactures have done it.

pic6newest.jpg

pic2newest.jpg

Im sure this will start some bashing... lets do it... get some emotions worked up :mj: Thats always good. I was really trying to be modest on my first post but then again... why? To tell you the truth this thing is a fricken beast... ive owned plenty of fast cars and this is second to none. Once my tune is dialed and im done with the meth/water injection this will be a 12 second SUV all day long... in the rain as well. Lets line them up!!! Rain or shine. Plenty of Mustangs will be handing over their keys, once the Lysholm 2300AX goes in I be collecting some Cobra keys as well. AWD with a 3,000 stall 550-600rwhp and a shot of 75... Good night. 11's are cooking in the oven without the NOS.

I was behind a brand spankin new Porsche Cayman S the other day... I was :poke: him.... we finally got out of some traffic... I just saw his suspension crouch down, a puff of smoke out the tips and I nailed it... second gear I caught him and before he new it I had my grill breathing down his back on his rear window about to run his ass over and I had to slow down.... I know he felt the rumble on the ground to. Im sure he practically crapped in his pants when he looked in his rear view mirror thinking I was out of sight an saw this instead...

pic12newest.jpg

he was to embarassed to even look over at me... he had his chick with him too... a beutiful bright yellow one, the car that is.

:pop:

mc01svt said:

So again. What am I trying to accomplish? Im being asked that in a die hard power freaks forum??? :lol: That sounds like a joke.

But ill take this question as a serious one.

What am I trying to accomplish? Just because I want my everyday driver to tear the asphalt. Like everyone else in this forum. Only differnce is... I have more leg room.

Everything ive owned and own from an RC/Bike/Cars receive this kind of attention.

I cant help it its just part of who I am and my personality.

Plus im a Ford die hard and im not going to wait any longer for Ford to come out with a Luxury Sport Utility SUV forever.... im aging. They had a GREAT Adrenalin on its way and they decided to not release it anymore.. so now I have a better reason.

I want to be able to pull up to a Jeep SRT8, Dodge SRT10, Porsche Cayenne TT, Chevy Trailblazer SS...and have them stare with disbelieve as my emblem on my tailgate that says "FORD" just get further and further away... in the name of you, me, this Forum and every other FORD fan out there....

Last edited:

Riddla

Established Member
Nice SUV.....looks great in white :thumbsup:

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
Gotta love those AED's! Nice to see you over here on this site. If only more 2V guys knew about their Race Blower Kit (offers a whipple 2.3L for a 2V.) I wonder if AED is still making their Race Blower Kit. It was kind of a good price.

awdrocks

Banned
dustin said:
Gotta love those AED's! Nice to see you over here on this site. If only more 2V guys knew about their Race Blower Kit (offers a whipple 2.3L for a 2V.) I wonder if AED is still making their Race Blower Kit. It was kind of a good price.

Thank you guys!!!

Yes they sure do. As a matter of fact the Lysholm 2300AX I mention above is exactly that kit. Its an AED Race Kit. The blower is from Lysholm, and the intake from AED, not Whipple (common confusion) :)

MP built my motor for that future setup. This motor is flowing so good that I dont even see 7 pounds with the 9psi pully... once the rpms get around 5k boost drops down to about 6.5... this little m90 can't keep up with the Big Bore. But its funny because I can see boost fall but the truck keeps pulling harder... the cams really take the slack of the blower. And that was really the reason I got these cams... so when the m90 ran out of air... the cams would keep tugging.. and it does just that :)

With the Lysholm 2.3ax this motor is REALLY going to wake up... should be awsome. And with some VERY low inlet temps with the meth/water and the Grant COPs... can't wait!!!

Last edited:

Burnt Rice

Established Member
Dude your explorer is awesome! t holds its own for being a SUV.Its one of the most original builds ive ever seen.

SVT04

Established Member
1998GT said:
all i have to say is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

+1 ...that is one very nice Explorer. Can you get it any lower or is that a physical impossibility ? I love my white Cobra ,(kids are grown up) if I were at the stage where I needed some room and 4 doors something like what you have built would be too cool. Keep up the good work,good old hot rod ingenuity will do it every time....keep making those expensive vehicles look slow :beer: :burnout:

awdrocks

Banned
SVT04 said:
+1 ...that is one very nice Explorer. Can you get it any lower or is that a physical impossibility ? I love my white Cobra ,(kids are grown up) if I were at the stage where I needed some room and 4 doors something like what you have built would be too cool. Keep up the good work,good old hot rod ingenuity will do it every time....keep making those expensive vehicles look slow :beer: :burnout:

Thank you all for the kind words.

Well I would like to lower the back a little more. Actually about another 1''. I have Eibachs on it now. Did the front good but could have done the rear better. I was reading that there seems to be a truck eibach pro kit that might have another spring kit that can go as low as 3''. Ill see. GF makes a spring kit also that lowers the rear an extra .8 than Eibach. Maybe I can just slap on the GF springs in the rear.

Well im about the permanently install my G-Tech Pro so I can start to get some base runs. Stinks not having a drag strip with proper time slips. This will at least give me good info on best average runs in setting my rev limiter etc.

I also want to get average runs before and after the meth/water spray. I have high hopes for that set up, also if it really drops inlet temps as much as 30% as they say... ill be in heaven!!! :rockon:

Insomnia

Established Member
that explorer is PIMPED i love the all white, i would just suggest some chrome rims! :beer: :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread