My "L" did a system check??

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
I started my "L" up yesterday and the speedo and tach swept all the way right and then left. :shrug: Any of you guys and gals had this happen before. What's up?

URBAN COWBOY

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
might be time for a new battery, just enough juice to start it and confuse the computer. get it checked before youre left needing a jump.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I'll have it checked out. That's probably it though, this is the original battery (dang near 5 years old).

URBAN COWBOY

Robert Francis

Established Member
Even if it turns over and starts up, if it starts to have that "speedo/tach" sweep, you've usually got some type of battery issue. Check your cables and battery terminals and if they're ok - have a "load test" done on your battery. A lot of the auto parts places can do this for you. At 5 years of age, it may be tired out.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Even if it turns over and starts up, if it starts to have that "speedo/tach" sweep, you've usually got some type of battery issue. Check your cables and battery terminals and if they're ok - have a "load test" done on your battery. A lot of the auto parts places can do this for you. At 5 years of age, it may be tired out.

Yep, I'll do just that. I called the auto parts store a few hours ago and they told me about doing a test on it. I'll probably just buy a new battery anyway. Thanks for all the info guys!:thumbsup:

URBAN COWBOY

Users who are viewing this thread