My L is fugged up

frank castle

Established Member
I realize that this is all my fault for trusting someone other than myself.
So I decided to have some so called pros wax the lightning. I drove it up to the chain drive at the wash and asked the nice foreign lady if my truck was to low, she said no and had an employee check and make sure. I decided better safe than sorry and put the truck in reverse to get out of there. The nice lady reassured me that lower cars have gone through and all was well. They motioned me to get out of the truck and one of the employees got in and drove onto the track. I walked around to the front so I could keep an eye on the deal. When I got around front I saw 5 Indians speaking their language pointing under my truck, they saw me and left the area. I looked under my truck, I saw a red liquid draining out of my L panic then rage ensued. I saw a 1 1/2 gash on my transmission pan, I also say body damage under my drivers side door. I spoke to the manager whose name I can not even comprehend or dream of pronouncing. I asked him how he plans on correcting the damage to the truck. He said, "we are not responsible for this you are because you modified your truck." Thank God I knew the Grossman breathing technique or I would have shot him where he stood. I called Fort Waltons finest and I met the dumbest cop ever, I told him that I wanted both my and the mangers name ran through their system and a incident number generated. He yelled we do not do that sort of thing. I reminded him abruptly he did, I won that pissing contest. After the manager saw me taking pictures of where my truck was damaged he said he would cover half of my expenses and would give me free detailing. I had my truck towed to Gary Smith ford by C&B towing those guys are awesome they gave me a break when everybody else were screwing me. I am now waiting for the service department to give me an estimate on the repairs. I hope it will be reasonable because I do not now what the transmission pan will cost or if there is additional damage.
Sorry for the long story but I had to vent.

203Cree

Established Member
Part of being lowered, gotta be carefull and be prepared to accept the consequences. Sucks, but it's just how it goes sometimes for those that live life at a lower level. :shrug:

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
If it makes you feel better, I am willing to be that there's no other damage to your tranny or anything, whatever hit up there would have to go pretty deep I'd think to mess anything in there up too bad

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
If it makes you feel better, I am willing to be that there's no other damage to your tranny or anything, whatever hit up there would have to go pretty deep I'd think to mess anything in there up too bad

I was thinking the same thing....A new tranny pan should be inexpensive.
Cross your fingers:thumbsup: Was there any other damage?

You said something about your door or doors???

I wish you were close...I have an xtra stock tranny pan I would give
you.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
That's messed up. The car wash I went to, Bluewave, its one of those you pay and ride throgh and then can vaccum and continue to dry. The guy actually stopped me and told me to pull up slowly, and they actually shut down the car wash and told me to pull up slowly. The whole time he was on the ground letting me know what was going on. It ended up fitting. Great customer service. Sorry to hear about your exterience.

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
Lol, no you're not, lol. Things just happen sometimes man. Time for a Moroso pan brother. Great for lowered trucks. Hold more fluid and they're a little lower profile than the stock pans IIRC. :rockon:

+1

Just use it as an excuse to get a Moroso.

frank castle

Established Member
Yea I dont think that it went very deep, there is a scratch marks under my door but it wont take much to make it look alright.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
That's messed up. The car wash I went to, Bluewave, its one of those you pay and ride throgh and then can vaccum and continue to dry. The guy actually stopped me and told me to pull up slowly, and they actually shut down the car wash and told me to pull up slowly. The whole time he was on the ground letting me know what was going on. It ended up fitting. Great customer service. Sorry to hear about your exterience.

Not trying to thread-jack, but where in H-Town is this Bluewave place?
(To keep thread uncluttered, you can p.m. me...)

Now, back on topic.....I've had a few bad experiences with the car wash places too, but nowhere near as bad. I hope everything gets resolved for you in a timely manner, and good luck!

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
:poke: I never have a problem at the carwash.....cause I never go!!!

Sorry...Had to say it:beer:

G/L with the fix:beer:

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
:poke: I never have a problem at the carwash.....cause I never go!!!

Sorry...Had to say it:beer:

G/L with the fix:beer:

X100000000 I never let ANYONE touch my truck to wash it except me and my stepdad. I yell at my g/f for even touching the paint...even when its dirty as hell lol

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
X100000000 I never let ANYONE touch my truck to wash it except me and my stepdad. I yell at my g/f for even touching the paint...even when its dirty as hell lol

HaHa!!! Yeah.....My G/F doesn't even want to deal with my L:beer:

SADF

Established Member
If I take my to a wash now I will only let them hand wash it. A friend of mine (QuickBrick) found a guy who does a helluva job hand washing and knows that we have sidesteps and all the good stuff. I am going to start using that guy. I had a similar incident where they scratch my lip up on my wheel one time. The owner just offered me free car washes! Like I want to go back after that! Sorry to hear about your incident man. I say moroso with a valve body unless you already have one.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I only take it to a car wash were it goes through on its own if I am on a road trip and need to get the bugs off. I actually went to one down in spring tx. the day before I was getting tuned. The guys actually got a measuring tape to make sure my wheels would fit on the track system. Other than that, I wash it my self. Good luck with getting the truck fixed and back on the road soon.

silverbullit02

Established Member
i work at a car wash and if a car is too low we just handwash it no big deal whoever tried to but it on the track is a dumb shit and should be removed from the breeding cycle

Users who are viewing this thread