My L & M Throttle Body Just Came In

srk1959

Established Member
I just received my new L & M throttle body today. It's a work of art! I will be doing comparison testing with my Whipple 2.9. I currently have the Monoblade on it. I am going to go with my 3.5" upper pulley and the 10% I.W. lower pulley for the tests. I normally run a custom 2.85" and currently have a 2.75" on it now. The 2.85" and I am sure the 2.75" will have the same problem which is I get some tire slip on the dyno after 750rwhp sae. So it would make it hard to do an accurate comparison that is why I will go up on the pulley size.

For those that are interested in seeing if a 2.9 can make more hp turning that fast (2.75" upper/10% lower) I will give it a shot after I am done doing the comparison and post the results. That is if my engine hangs in there! It will be spring before I am able to finish mt GT block build.

Steve

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Can I come up and oogle and drool? I'll polish it for you.

Seriously, looking forward to seeing the results.

Heading out to beat on my old clunker at RT66 in the morning.

Are you installing it this weekend?

bj

srk1959

Established Member
Can I come up and oogle and drool? I'll polish it for you.

Seriously, looking forward to seeing the results.

Heading out to beat on my old clunker at RT66 in the morning.

Are you installing it this weekend?

bj

I installed the tb on my vert just to see how it would do on a mostly (pulley & cai only car) This TB is the real thing. Drives as good or better than stock and you don't have to mod the tune!

As far as the GT block probably not until spring, funds are limited! I can't wait to hear what numbers you turn this weekend. Damn I just pick up 20hp on the vert so I can go faster and then you go faster still!

I would take a rain check on the block polishing, but the car could use it! Just kidding....hope you did well at RT66.

Steve

srk1959

Established Member
I know he got the stuff from the right person:thumbsup: I can't wait to see how much power it makes.

Yep! I got all this stuff from some crazy guy up north that builds insane boosted Ford GT's and GT500's.

It won't make the power of your stuff but it will be plenty for me. Thanks Dan!

Steve

srk1959

Established Member
Your right the one he is building is going to be oh so sweet. Wonder how much longer his stock one is going to be with us:D

I hope it's around a long time.........but you never know? Oh and by the way you better do something about that GT500 you have! Whenever you shift it goes sideways!

Last edited:

srk1959

Established Member
Cool Steve! Keep us updated!

Greg, you need this tb, you can keep your Ford Racing tune with it. I need to get the vert back to GLD and see what new times I can come up with. It feels quit a bit stronger especially in the higher r's. It used to flatten out a little but now it pulls stronger on the high end.

I think you can get it in a natural finish which would be kind of close to the stock look. The polished kind of sticks out and anyone that knows GT500's would see it right away......but it is pretty!

Steve

srk1959

Established Member
Shazamm! 23-24 psi sounds nice!

The 2.9 sounds really 'sick" in a good way with the smaller pulley's. The same as the 3" but more. I have to laugh, with the 2.75 on when you idle down the street at say 25-35 miles per hour the s/c whines. It's crazy but makes everyone look. So far no issues with the 23-24#'s......yet. We all know it could come at any time.

I have no accurate dyno data at those boost levels since I have run into tire slip and some belt slip. I have ordered the Steeda adjustable idler that they make especially for the Whipple. The best I have seen so far is 740ish SAE correction factor at just under 4800-5000 rpm. Then the dreaded tire slip and the pull is over. I will get it to hook one way or the other after I finish the L & M vs Monoblade comparision and I'll post up the results.

steve

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Greg, you need this tb, you can keep your Ford Racing tune with it. I need to get the vert back to GLD and see what new times I can come up with. It feels quit a bit stronger especially in the higher r's. It used to flatten out a little but now it pulls stronger on the high end.

I think you can get it in a natural finish which would be kind of close to the stock look. The polished kind of sticks out and anyone that knows GT500's would see it right away......but it is pretty!

Steve

What is the cost for the L&M Steve?

Users who are viewing this thread