My L vs silverado (ls2)

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
Went from a dig i pulled him by two cars. The next run i spun and he got me by a car.. Did it one more time from a 40 roll (which is a crapy gear for me). And i still pulled him by two cars. I was inpressed that thouse trucks are fairly quick. Not the best story i know. Still fun.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
What mods were done? Are you stock?

There is a regular cab Silverado running around here with a H/C/I LS6 and a T56 swapped into it. Nobodys had chance to run him yet.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Sounds like a good race, the ole Lightning is still the King of sports trucks after all these years! :rockon:

SOHCit2me

Established Member
Do they come stock with the LS2?

Pretty sure none of the trucks do. They're all vortecs, even the SS.. but I'm gonna go look it up and maybe put my foot in my mouth.

*Yup, all vortecs. I remember I had a friend who said his truck had a Corvette engine in it cause that's what the dealer said. 5.3L? I don't think so.

Last edited:

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
Pretty sure none of the trucks do. They're all vortecs, even the SS.. but I'm gonna go look it up and maybe put my foot in my mouth.

*Yup, all vortecs. I remember I had a friend who said his truck had a Corvette engine in it cause that's what the dealer said. 5.3L? I don't think so.

The new gen vortecs are based off of the LSX engines, they're the same family with a different name in the trucks. Obviously not the same displacement either. lol

SOHCit2me

Established Member
The new gen vortecs are based off of the LSX engines, they're the same family with a different name in the trucks. Obviously not the same displacement either. lol

How new? See, I thought I heard that which is why I tried looking it up.

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
the new 1500 come with the 6.0 option...

from chevys website
Engine, , Vortec 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI, with Active Fuel Management, (367 hp [273.7 kW] @ 5500 rpm, 375 lb-ft of torque [506.3 N-m] @ 4300 rpm), includes (KC4) external engine oil cooler, (KNP) auxiliary external transmission oil cooler, (AXN) hybrid 9.5" (24.1 cm) trailering axle and door badge that reads "Vortec Max" (L76)

$1000 option

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
and the 09 6.2 option :shrug:...could be interesting

either way gratz on the win :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread