My latest project, IRS into a fox body

wheelhopper

Established Member
No worries Greg. Jason is refering to the extra length that is under the car. Jason had to make an extra loop or 2 because we purchased fixed length pre-flanged brake lines. As long as they don't leak that does not bother me, for now.

I keep forgetting the damn camera. I'll try to remember tomorrow.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I think you're safe Greg, isn't your Camry 10 years old. It is the newer models that are death sleds.

If I drove a new Toyota I would be driving 100mph all over the place.
" I am sorry officer, my accelerator pedal stuck."

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I think you're safe Greg, isn't your Camry 10 years old. It is the newer models that are death sleds.

I've thought about that too. I wonder if anybody has used that excuse yet. :lol:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just wanted to update this.

I have taken my fox w/IRS to two track events. The car has performed great both times, in my opinion. The first event I was sorting out the brakes for a day and dealing with borderline overheating issues. The second, was a arrive and drive event. The only work I had to do was changing out a cracked rotor.

Here is a pick of the finished product, from the outside

100_2765.jpg

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Ryan, I took the instructor clinic with NASA, so now I can do my events for free as long as I instruct.

That's awesome! I wish I had enough time & money to get to that point! Maybe you can teach me a few things I can scare you in a 4 cylinder.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
OMG! You're right! :eek:
It's been as dangerous as driving a Toyota all these years.
:D :D

:D:D:D:D

i would s0o0o0o0 do this t0o :D

wheelhopper

Established Member
Wow, you really pulled this one out of the archives.

The car works great. It is a bit different than that last photo. The interior is completely stripped out with a cage and racing seats. I don't worry about trying to protect the paint with tape and what not anymore. Those ugly ass '96 Cobra wheels are gone as well.

When I first got the car on track it oversteered very bad. I installed a Steeda HD front sway bar and that made a huge improvement. I have also added Terminator control arms to gain much needed neg. camber. I have also installed some of the stiffest front, over the counter, springs that I could find. The car was a competitive TTD car for a season and has since had changes that move it to TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread