My list of mods, where to go next?

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Hooker Super Comp Long Tubes (Jet-Hot coated)
Hooker matching O/R X-pipe
MAC cat-back with 3 1/2 chrome tips
MIL sims
NGK TR55 Plugs
K&N
Power Slot Pro-Slot rotors
Mezeire elec water pump with relay

Kenny Brown double-cross subfame connectors (welded)
Steeda Sport Springs
Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks
HPM mega bite jr upper adjustable
HPM mega bite jr lower adjustable
BFG Drag Radials 255/50/16
Weld Prostar XP's 16 x 8.5
FRPP 4.30 Gears
Moser 31 spline axles
FMS 31 spline carrier upgraded by Pyle Brothers (Baytown,TX)
Raytech bearings
MAC hd axle girdle

D&D Performance 00' Cobra R T-56
D&D SHD Clutch
UPR Extreme firewall adjuster and quadrant
D&D Drive Shaft
FRPP Drive Shaft Safety Loop
D&D Steeda Shifter
Hurst Chrome Stick and T-Handle

Cobra-Jet emblems on shaker
switched silver antenna for a black one
strut tower covers
reflective black bumper inserts

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
A nice 125 shot sure would be nice to have in your back pocket...just incase one of the bad ass modded 03 Terminators come around :D

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
You have the tranny and Rear end, Id say a 125 shot or forged internals, low comp pistons, and a turbo. I heard of someones Mach 1 Turbo having around 500 RWHP on like 6 psi or something ridicuous like that!

However id say nitrous, those 4.30's are a bit too much for a blower/turbo

Tomcat427

Established Member
I'm not really enjoying the 4.30's anyway, I liked the 4.10's better. From what I have been told I would probably be better off with 3.73's after adding any power adder. Is that true?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ok this is from a guy who is still getting 2.2 60 times.

before you do anything else learn how to use that power you now have. some friends of mine just sort of grin when they see some newbie with a 400hp car pulling of 13's at the track.
so my question to you tomcat is are you still spinning at the track? with the gears and hp that you now have i see a 12.8 or better in the 1/4 in your future. stick with it. for me it would be much more satisfying to run a 12.5 with your current mods than to run 12.3 on n2o.

in my circumstance soon as i learn the launch i will be looking at a 13.2 time. currently at 13.52 w/ that 2.2 60. when i start nailing that launch at 2 flat ill look for some added power.
granted it is so much easier to say no to mods when you have no cash like me.

in short enjoy what you have, and make sure you know how to get every freakin .01 out of your time. :beer:

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Jman20427
However id say nitrous, those 4.30's are a bit too much for a blower/turbo
For a turbo yes. But they would work very well for a blower or nitrous. He has a T56 with a 1st of 2.66 opposed to the T3650's 1st of 3.3~

Tomcat427

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
ok this is from a guy who is still getting 2.2 60 times.

before you do anything else learn how to use that power you now have. some friends of mine just sort of grin when they see some newbie with a 400hp car pulling of 13's at the track.
so my question to you tomcat is are you still spinning at the track? with the gears and hp that you now have i see a 12.8 or better in the 1/4 in your future. stick with it. for me it would be much more satisfying to run a 12.5 with your current mods than to run 12.3 on n2o.

in my circumstance soon as i learn the launch i will be looking at a 13.2 time. currently at 13.52 w/ that 2.2 60. when i start nailing that launch at 2 flat ill look for some added power.
granted it is so much easier to say no to mods when you have no cash like me.

in short enjoy what you have, and make sure you know how to get every freakin .01 out of your time. :beer:

You are right, I need that driver mod. I also need to learn how to go to the track without breaking anything:bash:

I feel like I should be around 12.8 as well, I just haven't had a consistant run since my new setup. I either get a decent launch and then don't shift at the right rpms or I get a lousy launch and hit every shift at what feels like the right rpm.

I am not spinning as much as I thought I would with the 4.30's but it is still too often. At least I am not breaking any more axles. Come to think of it I haven't bogged with the 4.30's like I was with the 4.10's.

Tomcat427

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
You need (for now)

Coilovers
125 shot
Cams

The car would be stupid fast!!!

I know where to get the coil overs and the 125 shot, but where can I get a new cam?

Tomcat427

Established Member
Guess I should have made it a poll. Looks like a 125 shot is winning so far.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the cams are good stock. if you do anything internally go with forged rods and heads first.

go get consistent 12.8 or better then go get some koni coilovers, then a power adder. dont :bash: over times either they will come.

Tomcat427

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
the cams are good stock. if you do anything internally go with forged rods and heads first.

go get consistent 12.8 or better then go get some koni coilovers, then a power adder. dont :bash: over times either they will come.

Thanks!

Tomcat427

Established Member
The car is back in the shop again. When I have all of the details worked out I will start a new thread about this experience.

Users who are viewing this thread