My modded Terminator vs Blown 05 Viper-check it out.

RixSikcobra04

I think I just had the best race of my life.

I'm on the way home from work just now. I'm pullin' off of the freeway to go over the overpass to my house. Turnning my direction from the opposite side of the road is a black Viper. I go first and I creep over the overpass so he can catch up. I see him come flyin' over the hump so I know he's down, so I get ready. He pulls to about 1/2 car length back and paces me, I can hear his blower. I'm thinkin', oh yeah, it's on because thankfully I just stopped off at the engine shop and got refills on my N20 and they were warmed, armed and ready. The light up ahead is red, all of the lights beyond it are green, only a couple, and the street is 3 lanes in each direction and clear. Couldn't ask for a better scenario.

The light turns green and from a slow 1st gear roll we dig. We were door to door all the way through 3rd and well into 4th. Literally, no pull from either car. My window was down, too. Ya shoulda heard these beasts screamin' :eek: :eek: !!! The light ahead turns red and neither one of us are gonna shut down first. We both, simultaneously shut down and we brake hard to the light. We rolled to a stop, looked over at eachother and started laughing our asses off. He told me he was runnin' 8psi and put 690 to the wheels. I told him I was modded and sprayed a 175 shot. He was cool, gave thumbs up, mutual repect accomplished. I turned around to go home, he headed to Blackhawk$$$$$$$$$$. I'll take a tie like that anyday!!!!! :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

joegt38

Established Member
Wow nice run, nothin better then keepin up with a S/C Viper...........xcept beatin a s/c Viper :beer:

charles6

Established Member
Dang......that's bada$$...to tell you the truth I'm a little wired for you :) I can't wait to get out of college, and be able to do.. such a great feat lol.

-Brad

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
i would love to be a random car going the other way watching a modded cobra and a s/c viper going at it.

RixSikcobra04

thenoz said:
i would love to be a random car going the other way watching a modded cobra and a s/c viper going at it.

Funny ya say that. I was just thinkin' what be like to see this randomly, too. There are big two-story houses on each side of the road behind a soundwall along the street where we squared. Can you imagne looking out your window, thinkin' "what a gorgeous morning" (it is here in Cali), and these two cars come screamin' by...might make ya spill your coffee.

I was thinkin' I had an easy kill on a stock Viper, he was probably thinkin' the same about me. The stars were aligned for both of us.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Dude these are the races that are truly awesome..you must of had adrenaline running through veins probably the dude in the viper too...

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
I wish I had been in the viper for that one. My 155 lbs. would have given you a half car length and me a close-up of the look on the dudes face. :eek:
Nice run :burnout:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
what the HELL , great race, a viper s/c and everything. there's a s/c viper in my town i see alot i steer clear for now i haven't got the mods i need to keep up. i've only got drop-in k/n and stinger cat backs, but more is coming soon.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Great run man. I could'nt imagine what it must have felt like to spray a 175 shot on top of a 2.8, damn you must have been stepping out like it was nobody's business. Good kill!!!

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
Im guessing around 600hp with the shot :-0

wait his blower is ported to.. I don't even know!

512 + 175.... holy crap.... 700hp!

cobras are just beasts..... damn :(

Last edited:

RixSikcobra04

Sup guys? Several aswers to some q's here. I figured some dudes would have em.

I put 663 rwhp and 688 rwtq consistently(spiked over 700 tq, but that doesn't count), that was with a 150 shot. I had my 175 jets in as of late, thankfully, cause I need every hp to meet this guy's power. Never had it dyon'd with the 175's in. Traction wise(JSHTROD), I've got brand new Nittos 305's with the air pressure down just a tad. They spun abit, not alot, but we both did. No wheel hop at all. It was from a roll which helped both of our causes most certainly. Once they hooked, they were golden. I sprayed half way through second and never let off the gas. Didn't miss any shifts and had the ride of my life.

edit: and to answer your question Redfire03svt...it DOES feel like you're "steppin' out like no one's business". I was gonna put on a KB, but I'm more-than-happy with this setup. Thanx for the props boys, makes it all worth it :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

JSHTROD

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Sup guys? Several aswers to some q's here. I figured some dudes would have em.

I put 663 rwhp and 688 rwtq consistently(spiked over 700 tq, but that doesn't count), that was with a 150 shot. I had my 175 jets in as of late, thankfully, cause I need every hp to meet this guy's power. Never had it dyon'd with the 175's in. Traction wise(JSHTROD), I've got brand new Nittos 305's with the air pressure down just a tad. They spun abit, not alot, but we both did. No wheel hop at all. It was from a roll which helped both of our causes most certainly. Once they hooked, they were golden. I sprayed half way through second and never let off the gas. Didn't miss any shifts and had the ride of my life.

edit: and to answer your question Redfire03svt...it DOES feel like you're "steppin' out like no one's business". I was gonna put on a KB, but I'm more-than-happy with this setup. Thanx for the props boys, makes it all worth it :rockon:

Sweet!

:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread