My new build...finally. (Long)

TRBO VNM

Here are some pics of just some of the parts going on. Fuel lab fuel pump and regulator, Accufab SB Tbody, 80# injectors, summit pre and post filters.

IMG_1335.jpg

Fore Precision solid axle cover

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

Glenns Sleeper Sump Tank, -10an feed, -8 return

IMG_1339.jpg

Standard hellion intercooler, couple owners before painted it black.

IMG_1340.jpg

Tial 60mm wastegate. I may not be able to fit this, so I may be stuck selling it and going with twin gates or something. hopefully I can figure something out

IMG_1341.jpg

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Can't wait to see the finished product!

I really want to see how your fuel setup turns out because I think I will be doing something very similar. Take lots of pictures of it! lol

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It's about time you got around to this.

Says the guy who's turbo warranty was up before he actually put the kit on his car :poke:

Can't see the pics at work damnit. I'll come over and check it out if I hit the track on wednesday. Sorry I didn't come over Saturday :rollseyes

TRBO VNM

what are you doing with your blower that you took off of the car? Good luck with the build. I might be interested in it if you are selling. Let me know!

thanks.

the blower is sold. a guy had dibs on it before xmas. I wanted to keep it on for a certain period of time and he waited for it. sorry.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Wow Jason!
I cannot wait to see this thing 'live and in person' at Zmax for NMRA! lol :)

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
let me know if you decide to sell your wastegate. Are you going to strip the black paint off the intercooler? Great build.

TRBO VNM

let me know if you decide to sell your wastegate. Are you going to strip the black paint off the intercooler? Great build.

I will know early next week about the gate and let you know.

no, gonna keep the paint on the intercooler. little more stealth, but if I notice an issue with temps and the paint is causing it, I will strip it. the previous owner didn't have issues, so it should be good.

VAMPIR3

Established Member
What intake manifold did you end up going with? Sullivan? 01 cobra?
I was just checking out Sullivan's website and those are some nice manifolds:rockon:

Edit... never mind I just saw where you wrote it.

TRBO VNM

got my manifolds back today from the coater. man, this place does a great job. Northeast Coatings. They are in Connecticut and a bit on the high side, but well worth it. I had some done by another place that I paid almost the same amount and the quality of northeast blows away the other company.

I paid $260 shipped for the stock manifolds to be done in the 2000 degree black coating. they did it inside and out and damn good. I will get some pics up sometime this week. I am doign final prep for my fab guy to fix the core support.

BTW, Juiced46(dave) hooked me up with the coating place. Thanks man. :beer:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
got my manifolds back today from the coater. man, this place does a great job. Northeast Coatings. They are in Connecticut and a bit on the high side, but well worth it. I had some done by another place that I paid almost the same amount and the quality of northeast blows away the other company.

I paid $260 shipped for the stock manifolds to be done in the 2000 degree black coating. they did it inside and out and damn good. I will get some pics up sometime this week. I am doign final prep for my fab guy to fix the core support.

BTW, Juiced46(dave) hooked me up with the coating place. Thanks man. :beer:

They coated the inside of the manifolds?? Did they know this was for a turbo build?

When I spoke to Jet-Hot about re-coating my turbine housings (the coating my housings had got removed when I got them rebuilt because they were hot-tanked) they told me flat out that they do not do the inside of the turbine housing. This is because they don't want to risk the possibility of a piece of coating coming off and possibly damaging the turbine wheel.

I wouldn't want the inside of any of my piping done!

TRBO VNM

been done on many cars. I think you mentioned the hot tank before and I thank you for that. :beer: I have the same coating(black 2000 degree) on the hotside of my turbo and told the rebuild shop not to tank it because I didn't want to pay for it again and they agreed. just a wipe down is all it needed anyway.

on the manifolds, if something goes through them to chip the coating off, I have more problems than worrying about the coating going through the turbo.

hell, if all these guys think it is ok to have flex hose before the turbo, being that the flex is metal, some ceramic coating should have no issue.

I will be pulling the piping over winter to have the rest of the hotside coated and will inspect then and report back. but when done properly, you should have no problems with the coating. especially on the inside where it won't get scratched or chipped from working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread