My new DD Chevy SS and ZR1 pics

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice choice, any issues with scraping? I debate back and forth between the eibach and granatelli because I know the eibach drops less which I may prefer as a daily
With my wheel off set I had to do a slight roll on the rear inner fender. The Granetellis bring the car lower by about 1/4-1/3 of an inch as compared to the Eibach. But from my research, the Eibachs ride much stiffer. I am very happy with my choice. It is low, but not crazy low. The front under spoiler can hit in steep driveways if your not careful. But I lower every car I own so imo it’s really not bad. Just can’t pull all the way up to parking curbs.

AWDLS2

Established Member
With my wheel off set I had to do a slight roll on the rear inner fender. The Granetellis bring the car lower by about 1/4-1/3 of an inch as compared to the Eibach. But from my research, the Eibachs ride much stiffer. I am very happy with my choice. It is low, but not crazy low. The front under spoiler can hit in steep driveways if your not careful. But I lower every car I own so imo it’s really not bad. Just can’t pull all the way up to parking curbs.
Appreciate the feedback, maybe I can find a local with eibach to see how his rides. I live near Norcal SS who has Granatelli on his so I will have to check his out as well.

IamRacerX

Established Member
Appreciate the feedback, maybe I can find a local with eibach to see how his rides. I live near Norcal SS who has Granatelli on his so I will have to check his out as well.
He’s a big Ganatelli fan.. he’s had both Eibachs and Granatellis... like the Gs better. I got my springs from him. About two months after I got them, the news broke that they are the same as King SSSL springs.... which you can find for $75 cheaper.... whatever the case I’m very happy with them.
Again, awesome cars!! I’m thinking a ZR1 or a C7 Z06 to replace my Boss is my next move.... in time though ;)

IamRacerX

Established Member
PS NorcalSS did his install on his to relocate the mount in the rear... so his sits about 1/2 inch or more lower than mine at the rear.. it’s to much imo. Just to let you know....

Last edited:

AWDLS2

Established Member
He’s a big Ganatelli fan.. he’s had both Eibachs and Granatellis... like the Gs better. I got my springs from him. About two months after I got them, the news broke that they are the same as King SSSL springs.... which you can find for $75 cheaper.... whatever the case I’m very happy with them.
Again, awesome cars!! I’m thinking a ZR1 or a C7 Z06 to replace my Boss is my next move.... in time though ;)

PS NorcalSS did his install on his to relocate the mount in the rear... so his sits about 1/2 inch or more lower than mine at the rear.. it’s to much imo. Just to let you know....
Ya sounds like Tony to make the car go lower than everyone else lol. Cant go wrong with the C7Z or ZR1, just depends on what you are looking to do with it. If you want a car with tech and just plan on leaving stock or minor mods the C7Z is nice but if you want a car you are really gonna mod and performance is more what you care about the ZR1 is a much better platform. The C7Z is more of a cruiser/older mans car imo (my dad has one and he loves it l) and the ZR1 is more of a beast with the better engine

IamRacerX

Established Member
Ya sounds like Tony to make the car go lower than everyone else lol. Cant go wrong with the C7Z or ZR1, just depends on what you are looking to do with it. If you want a car with tech and just plan on leaving stock or minor mods the C7Z is nice but if you want a car you are really gonna mod and performance is more what you care about the ZR1 is a much better platform. The C7Z is more of a cruiser/older mans car imo (my dad has one and he loves it l) and the ZR1 is more of a beast with the better engine
I’ve spent time behind the wheel of both the ZR1 and C7 Z. Not sure if it was just the cars, but the ZR1 felt more wild and powerful. Immediate power no matter the gear or rpm. I know they are 250lbs lighter too. Time will tell, but I’m thinking the C6 ZR1 would be it. A C7 Z07 looks pretty aggressive though.... it’s all subjective I guess.
Good luck with your pair!!

Users who are viewing this thread