my new hood is coming

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
its a cobra RR from steeda. its supposed to get here tomorrow between 10 and 2. can't wait to get it painted and throw it on. it will look bad ass. the only downside is that for the money I am spending on it I could have got a set of wheels for it. oh well. the great thing about living at home is that I can put my entire paycheck into my car. muhahahaha. I'll be sure to give you guys a report on the quality and fit of it and I will try to get some pics up as soon as its painted.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
I have to get my front bumper repainted and fitted due to a little incident where my car hit a pole (long story) but to paint the hood and the front bumper is about $550 and this is from a high quality shop. they have done work for me before
My hood did arive today. it was packaged very well. and it looks sweet. the quality seems pretty high but I won't be able to tell how good it is until its painted.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I have/had a unpainted Cobra R hood for a sn95 for sale.
If i remember it's 3 1/2" tall(something like that).
I tried to sell it awhile back and no one cared for it, kinda eird to think i have a brand new hood for very cheap and no one would even look at it.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
yeasure
yeasure
Say, if I don't find a buyer for my '95 Cobra, I will probably be interested. Is this hood for a '95? Is it brand new, unpainted?
How much, about?

Dan

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
The hood is for 94-98(sn95) mustangs.
It is unpainted(white).
I have had it put on my car but not fitted.
PM me on price.
Btw, i have pics and video(inside of the car so you can see how tall it is)of the hood on my cobra.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Yes you must post pictures of your Cobra RR hood when you get it on the car. I posted a thread a while back about this hood, and nobody had an RR hood, just a couple R hoods. Its going to look nuts, don't forget to post hoods.:beer:

chknhwk

How does the weight compare? I want to trade mine out for a lighter one.
Post pics! We're greedy bastards. :beer:

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
my hood from steeda weighs 21 pounds. I carried it upsatairs easily by myself. although it was an awkward size. I haven't put it on yet so I can't tell you about driving visibility. I have talked to others with the hood and they said it didn't make much of a difference. shorter drivers will not be able to see the right front.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
If anyone wants to know how a 3 1/2" or a 4"(boss) Cobra R hood visibility is, please message me and i can send videos or pictures and you can see how visibility is.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
i'm 5'6 and had no problem seeing over my 4" boss hood.
I guess if you're 4' maybe but i had no problems with it at all.
The only people i ever hear say "i can't see over the hood" are females.

Users who are viewing this thread