My new Lower Grill Mod. I love it! (pics)

typhoon43

Established Member
I've been rolling with the "27 dollar grill mod" for a while, and thought it was time for a change. I took pics along the way in case anyone wants to try it. It's a lot more subtle than the chrome accent molding, yet still shows the lower valence off IMO. Anyways onto the pics..

First, remove your tranny cooler and power steering cooler. All of the work is done from behind.
intercooler-emptyspace.jpg

Grind the frame down slightly, as the new mod is a tight fit. A carbide bit fits the bill
intercooler-carbidebit.jpg

If you want to get ahead start on the grinding, a SawzAll with a bi-metal blade can make short work of the bumper support excess.
intercoolersawzallrail.jpg

You'll definitely need one of these as well for the 4 mounting holes required for my lower grill mod.
intercooler-unibit.jpg

Once you start the hole, a 90 degree mongo drill will get you through the frame with a quickness.
intercooler-90degreedrill.jpg

Use grade 8 hardware for your mounting tabs. (In this pic, I didn't have my bolts yet)
intercooler-mounting%20tabs.jpg

Here's a view of the mod fromt he rear...not much to see really
intercooler-passsideinlet.jpg

Here, however, is where this mod truly shines... from the front...

intercooler-smile.jpg

Big thanks to Screaming01L for use of his lift so far, and his crazy tools. The 4V Turbo build continues...

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
the thought of a turbo 4v makes my pants move
Oh No, He's about to :xpl: :eek:

Just when you thought you were around normal Ford Loven guys/gals. It starts to get sexual around here. Oh no. I think the time clock is reading High noon. Better look out. :lol1: . that's just what I needed to start the night off with. Thanks alot. Now I'll have to save even more money...... From the wife.....so I can have one too.

Stewie 03

Established Member
You're scaring me Derek. Isn't that a bit off topic? :poke: That grill mod is very unique. If I didn't have grillcrafts I'd definitely consider that. Nice work! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread