My new MMR billet parts!!!

WickedSnake_SVT

SVT Junkie
Established Member
So with the too common issue of GT500s and Cobras breaking the timing parts on motors I spent a good bit on these new parts. I purchased their billet Hurricane oil gears, billet lower crankshaft gear, ARP passenger and driver side secondary tensioner bolts, ARP crank bolt and billet passenger side tensioner with race spec secondary chains. I hope these products will help to keep my motor together. I have read some horror stories on what happens if any of these parts fail and do not want to have to build a new motor quite yet. If any of you guys have aftermarket cams I would strongly suggest getting these.

MMR stuff.JPG

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I am one of the horror stories. My crank gear cracked (failed) and my crank snout snapped off last year. My rebuild included a very beefed up timing set with some parts being cryo treated as well.

RBB

Established Member
Very nice, I've got the same stuff + more coming for my build. What are everyone's thoughts on the primary chains? I know there aren't any HD primary chains available, so what if any upgrades are you guys making to them? Cryo treated, or are they stout enough to not worry about it?

WickedSnake_SVT

SVT Junkie
Established Member
Very nice, I've got the same stuff + more coming for my build. What are everyone's thoughts on the primary chains? I know there aren't any HD primary chains available, so what if any upgrades are you guys making to them? Cryo treated, or are they stout enough to not worry about it?

i wondered too about the primary chains. i could not find anything on them but the secondary ones are bad ass. no comparison to the stock ones. imo
IMG_3033.JPG

WickedSnake_SVT

SVT Junkie
Established Member
I am one of the horror stories. My crank gear cracked (failed) and my crank snout snapped off last year. My rebuild included a very beefed up timing set with some parts being cryo treated as well.

dang that sucks...i do not want to have to do that. the guy at MMR said it's mainly from hitting the rev limiter, at least in my case it was. the sudden stop/start/stop/etc broke my chain and caused all kinds of damage. i was lucky and only needed a passenger side head and timing stuff. also suggested to put the rev at 7500rpm or turn off so never a chance of doing it again.

Users who are viewing this thread