My new Rebel XSi

bigdave03svt

Established Member
You cannot escape my XSi! lol.
872igqhnc5.png

what lense are you using?:beer:

4fit?

Established Member
those cameras take some awesome pics!! what do they run?
Talking about the XSi? If so, they are right around $800 with an image stabilized 18-55 kit lens. The Nikon D60 kit, which came out at roughly the same time as the Canon XSi, can be had for around $650 with a vibration reduction 18-55 lens. The Nikon D80 (D60's bigger brother) with the same VR lens is around $950. The Sony A200 (image stabilization built into the body) can be had with an 18-70 lens for $500.

Last edited:

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Talking about the XSi? If so, they are right around $800 with an image stabilized 18-55 kit lens. The Nikon D60 kit, which came out at roughly the same time as the Canon XSi, can be had for around $650 with a vibration reduction 18-55 lens. The Nikon D80 (D60's bigger brother) with the same VR lens is around $950. The Sony A200 (image stabilization built into the body) can be had with an 18-70 lens for $500.

not bad..... I take it they're not for Novice users.... All the pics look like post cards :)

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Oh man, that's just wrong. lol. Nothing wrong with the Sony SLR. Matter of fact, Nikon sensors are made by Sony.

But, thanks for the comp. I really like how that pic turned out. :banana:

Lol.. I didn’t mean that in a bad way. I have always loved Cannon and Nikon and never paid attention to other brand SLR’s but now I know they have some good stuff out there :)

Hoosier Daddy

TampaRacing
Established Member
How close are you to lakeland and how would you like to do a shoot of my hayabusa?

I would say an hour away atleast. I'm willing to drive though, I need to get a portfolio going.

what lense are you using?:beer:

Kit lens, 50mm.

those cameras take some awesome pics!! what do they run?

I got mine for a little over 1,000 shipped. If you buy it at BestBuy/CircuitCity then plan on paying a hundred or two more lol.

4fit?

Established Member
not bad..... I take it they're not for Novice users.... All the pics look like post cards :)
Actually, they would be a great camera for a novice user to learn on. The A200 is my first SLR of any kind, but I have been researching/studying/etc photography for a few years now. I say that if you're even considering a new camera in the near future, get a SLR.

G-STANG

Established Member
Nice shots. What is your flickr userID? I'm bullitt453.

All the entry level Canons and Nikons were just too dang small for my hand. The D80 and 40D felt great, but were way out of my price range.

When I bought my slr 3 years ago I had the same problem. I thought the xt was too small for my liking and felt cheap to me. The 20d felt better than the Nikon in the same level. So I bought the 20d even though it was more than I wanted to spend. I figured I wouldn't need another camera for a long time after this. Nevermind the camera rent some nice glass and you will be amazed at any slr capabilities. I just got a 24-105l for my walk around lens and just wow. Awesome pics straight from the camera.

4fit?

Established Member
When I bought my slr 3 years ago I had the same problem. I thought the xt was too small for my liking and felt cheap to me. The 20d felt better than the Nikon in the same level. So I bought the 20d even though it was more than I wanted to spend. I figured I wouldn't need another camera for a long time after this. Nevermind the camera rent some nice glass and you will be amazed at any slr capabilities. I just got a 24-105l for my walk around lens and just wow. Awesome pics straight from the camera.
mmmm.......L glass.......drool...........

One of these days I will get some Carl Zeiss glass for my Sony. Right now, I just have the 18-70 and a 75-300. I'm am on the hunt for a nice used Minolta f/1.7 50mm. After that, I may try to track down a beercan lens (Minolta f/2.8 70-210).

Users who are viewing this thread