My new supercharged motor!!! HUGE PICS!

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I've been working on this project for over a year. Most of the hold up was waiting on parts, however, last week I was able to finish building the motor and install it into the car. It is about 99% done with just a few little things I need to finish. I'm expecting parts today, so I'm planning on starting this Saturday.

Anyway, this is for my 1995 Ford Taurus SHO (MTX). It's been rebuilt with forged pistons, reworked rods and crank, brand new heads fitted with bronze guides and larger valves, stiffer valve springs and stage 1 cams. It is now a 3.2L along with MANY other things I've done to the motor.

Here are some pics, I'll get video as soon as I can. Let me know what you think!

IMG_6662.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

Missing front calipers right now... But tonight I will install my powder coated Cobra brakes!
IMG_6767.JPG

IMG_6594.JPG

IMG_6596.JPG

Drewzilla

Established Member
That is ****ing BAD. Very good sleeper. You are going to confuse quite a bit of people. As posted above.....what numbers are you planning on getting?

yamahaSHO

Established Member
It's taken me a long time, so I'm almost scared to drive it hard... But we all know I'll rip on it every chance I get.

Once break it in about 1,000 miles or so, I'll will swap on my smaller, Reichard Racing pulley for more boost. Last time I was at the dyno on the stock block, I made 381 whp at 9 PSI. Now with this forged motor that is bored out to a 3.2L, I'm looking at running about 15 PSI (not exactly sure wha this new pulley is going to get me, but I stepped it down to a 3.2" from a 3.6"). I'm expecting anywhere from 450whp to 550whp.

lukem80

Established Member
how well will the tranny and axles hold up to all that POWA..

buddy used to have a white one of these in highschool... it was fast as shit for what it was stock... :D

JRock

Established Member
awesome! lookin' forward to some vids of her in action! ;)

Hope your trans and axles can hold the power...

mrose75

Established Member
Hell yeah that's a sleeper. You're gonna hurts some people feelings real bad. You'll have the best stories in the Road Kill Cafe!!! Nice ride!!!

Users who are viewing this thread