My "new to me" lowered/stretched GSXR 1000

Quik Z06

Established Member
Just figured I'd throw a few pictures on here. I just picked it up and will probably make a few changes to it. It's an 06 GSXR 1000 with 9500 miles on it. Motor is pretty much stock, just has the full exhaust (Brock's sidewinder) and a power commander. Also has different sprockets on it which I'm on the fence about, as my other bike has the stock gearing and I kinda like it that way. It's lowered 2 inches up front and 3 in the back with a Thompson extended swing arm. Custom marble grey paint and of course a lot of chrome.

I know the look is not for everyone but I've always had bikes that I've kept the appearance pretty much stock, so I really wanted to try something custom. So far I love it, it gets a lot of attention. I'll try to get better pix, but these are all I have for now.

image_zps46d2f6e2.jpg

image_zpsf3463b7f.jpg

image_zps1eadd914.jpg

image_zps18c7bca7.jpg

And this is my other 06 1000

image_zps1ab01463.jpg

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
That paint job was made with wet paint and a plastic bag. It's actually labor intensive and not the easiest thing to do.

Buddy has one like that, stretched, and can use his phone to program the computer/turn on/off nitrous.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Stretched swingarms FTMFL!!

:nonono:

To each their own I guess, but most of the guys I know with FAST bikes are on extended swingarms :shrug:

Very nice! Congrats man!

Thanks!

That paint job was made with wet paint and a plastic bag. It's actually labor intensive and not the easiest thing to do.

Buddy has one like that, stretched, and can use his phone to program the computer/turn on/off nitrous.

Yea, I can imagine the previous owner spent quite a bit on the paint alone.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
To me extended swing arms and chrome is the equivalent to a 1970 impala on 13" wire wheels. I mean if you like it, that's what counts.

Users who are viewing this thread