my new tool..

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
mmm.. steyr goodness.. bought it yesterday at a show in town nib,

STEYR_M-A1_large_view_01.jpg

the steyr m40 a-1

only got 50 rds thru it yesterday (winnie 185gr) but so far so good.
hopefully this week i'll get to dump a couple hundred thru it.

edit: the gun feels great, anyone in the air about getting a gun, this gun feels a lot better than a glock or sf xd because the the 111 degree grip angle.. love it.. however the trigger reset is as defined as a glocks, there is no grip saftey like the xd's.. all in all i do like it better than the glocks and xds.

Last edited:

dogmush

Established Member
The trigger and the sights really turned me off on those. The sights are just weird. But if she works for you, there's no denying that it's a nice pistol. happy shooting.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
they're $600 msrp, i got the guy at $450 then pushed him to $405 and traded a plinky beretta 20 for an additional $100 off.. sights aren't bad while moving (which was the idea behind them); however, i'm putting trijicons on anyways ;-)

the trigger is great man, what's there not to love about it? (esp compaired to XD's and even glocks - aside the glock's trigger reset).

dogmush

Established Member
the trigger is great man, what's there not to love about it? (esp compaired to XD's and even glocks - aside the glock's trigger reset).

Long and creepy. BUT, and this is a big but, I have moved almost toatly to SA triggers. Once I got used to a nice, clean SA all others sucked. As far as DA triggers go it's pretty good, and light at 5-6lbs, but I hate having to haul on a trigger that long. Also IMO, I like the trigger on my XD45 better then the M40a1 I shot. But triggers are personal things. If you like it, and shoot it well, it's a great gun. also good job on the price. That was a good deal. I see them for $450-$500 around here.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
Long and creepy. BUT, and this is a big but, I have moved almost toatly to SA triggers. Once I got used to a nice, clean SA all others sucked. As far as DA triggers go it's pretty good, and light at 5-6lbs, but I hate having to haul on a trigger that long. Also IMO, I like the trigger on my XD45 better then the M40a1 I shot. But triggers are personal things. If you like it, and shoot it well, it's a great gun. also good job on the price. That was a good deal. I see them for $450-$500 around here.

i hear ya, when it's your life on the line it should only be what you use best, unless you have to use something else.
yes was a good deal too, so a relative got another :D

a touch off topic, but i really also like the p22.. excellent gun to have around you in close quarters.

Users who are viewing this thread