My ON3 Performance thread

99S_V_T

Established Member
i ordered my 4v kit this afternoon!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ill keep all u guys posted on unboxing, installation, dyno. I went with a T76 Masterpower with a .96 hot side. now all i gotta do is wait for my boxes:rockon:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Sounds good, I just got my 4v On3 kit on monday, have some of the hot pipe getting coated right now and will start install in a week or 2 hopefully. Keep us posted

acidshn20

Established Member
i ordered my 4v kit this afternoon!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ill keep all u guys posted on unboxing, installation, dyno. I went with a T76 Masterpower with a .96 hot side. now all i gotta do is wait for my boxes:rockon:

Pics Pics Pics Pics!
Can't wait to see your build. I am waiting to pull the trigger on this kit for my 01 Cobra.

What is your fuel setup going to look like? (Fuel pump, injectors)
How much boost?

stang8762

Established Member
Got mine 2 weeks ago , starting the hotside install tomorrow ( motor mounts were crap so i ordered new ones) . So far i wrapped all the hot side i purchased 150 more feet of wrap and 3 cans of silicon spray for the wrap and that covered all the pipes..

99S_V_T

Established Member
Sounds good, I just got my 4v On3 kit on monday, have some of the hot pipe getting coated right now and will start install in a week or 2 hopefully. Keep us posted

What kinda coating did u go with? i was lookin at doing something along those lines but didnt look into it a ton, benefits?

Pics Pics Pics Pics!
Can't wait to see your build. I am waiting to pull the trigger on this kit for my 01 Cobra.

What is your fuel setup going to look like? (Fuel pump, injectors)
How much boost?

im in the process of buying it now but its lookin like twin supercar pumps, 03 hat, PPRV delete, stage 5 FPDM, 40 AMP BAP, and i already have 42# injectors but ill need bigger ones this winter when i get a forged short block.

Got mine 2 weeks ago , starting the hotside install tomorrow ( motor mounts were crap so i ordered new ones) . So far i wrapped all the hot side i purchased 150 more feet of wrap and 3 cans of silicon spray for the wrap and that covered all the pipes..

how much were ur motor mounts? and how in gods name do u change out the k-member? ive never done one and what do u do with the motor? pull it?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
What kinda coating did u go with? i was lookin at doing something along those lines but didnt look into it a ton, benefits?

the powdercoater said it was some kind of thin liquid coating that will keep the pipe from rusting and help keep some heat in like jet hot coating. he said he has better results with this coating over jet hot. It was kinda pricey (more so then just a high temp powdercoat). only reason i did it was to keep rust away. im planning on wrapping the piping with exhaust wrap after i get it back. i only have the 4 pipes that will go through the k member coated (not the downpipe, figure i will replace it with a larger one later on anyway). Ill start a build thread when i get it back next week with some pictures you can take a look at.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
and how in gods name do u change out the k-member? ive never done one and what do u do with the motor? pull it?

My brother and i just did the full qa1 from end on his car last weekend to prepare for his on3 kit. its not too hard but alot easier with a second person to help out. I think there is a video of a guy doing on on his red saleen online somewhere but what we did was put the front of the car on jack stands, then used the jack and a board that went across the oil pan and bellhousing. jack the jack up until it has the motor resting on it, then unbolt the motor mounts from the stock K. we zip ties the steering rack to the sway bar and disconnected the spindles etc. and dropped the stock k and arms out as one piece. engine didnt move at all.
Hope this helps let me know if you have any specific questions on the swap.

99S_V_T

Established Member
thanks man will do, mike from O3P called me today and my banks being dumb about such a big payment so we had to break it up over two days. but it should ship tommorrow and my master power is gunna be an extra week cuz they are out of the 76's but i should have everything in the next two weeks. im probably going to order my k member kit this weekend, anyone got any good ideas on what spring rate to go with?

kodycobra

Serious Boost Junkie
Established Member
thanks man will do, mike from O3P called me today and my banks being dumb about such a big payment so we had to break it up over two days. but it should ship tommorrow and my master power is gunna be an extra week cuz they are out of the 76's but i should have everything in the next two weeks. im probably going to order my k member kit this weekend, anyone got any good ideas on what spring rate to go with?

14" 175lber's for some good weight transfer. OR, you can just buy my slightly stiffer springs, and I'll get these!! :rockon:

kodycobra

Serious Boost Junkie
Established Member
thanks for the advice kody, i just want it to handle good and not ride like a go-kart

The ride quality of my 250lb springs are awesome, I just don't think I'll be dragging any bumpers with them, as they don't weight transfer very well. I'm going to buy some anyhow, so if you want mine, I'll sell them to you cheap.

99S_V_T

Established Member
bought my fuel system thrusday night, it'll be here this upcommin thrusday, i went with:
-Twin supercar pumps
-04 fuel hat
-PPRV delete
-Twin FPDM set up (each pump as its own dedicated FPDM)
-42# injectors

This setup should be enough to handle my long term goal of 750 horse so i figure im set.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
ive been trying to decide what fuel system i want to run for the last 3 weeks or so and i finally decided to go return style and sump my factory tank so i dont have to worry about the 1/2 tank problem and easier to tune when i get to higher hp levels. congrats on ordering the new set-up should support plenty of hp lol

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
-42# injectors

This setup should be enough to handle my long term goal of 750 horse so i figure im set.

You should have bought at least 60lb injectors.
You also would have been better off swaping to return setup.

99S_V_T

Established Member
Will i need bigger injectors? Yes. But im runnin 6# pounds till my motor build this winter so 42's will be perfect untill then, ill buy 80's when the time comes.

Why go returnless? my setup can handle 750 at the wheels all day long with no problems, return is just another hassle to install and change everything, rails, lines, regulator, wiring, ectra ectra.... my set up cost 300 bucks total, that it, and its all i need.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Wait till you see the lean spikes. I had the twin gt pumps and dual fpdm setup.

Users who are viewing this thread