My Predator Impressions...

n0xlf

Established Member
Just installed the tune and took her for a spin...I'm really happy, but confused (maybe)...

WOT performance is difficult to tell the difference...It was already fast, and already smoking the tires through the gears, so...Of course, the mental "I got a new toy, thus my car must be faster" comes into play...I was 430/448 on the dyno with no tune at all, so we'll have to see what has happened there...I can't even really give a SOTP impression...

Idle is sweet at 750...

Now here is where I am confused...I thought that the tune was only applicable to WOT/open loop where it is basically reading the fuel curve off of a map, but I SWARE that the part throttle, low end torque that I lost after my mods is back...Driving in grandma mode is giving me noticeably more power with less boost (and when I say boost, I mean before I was hitting 0 on vaccum and getting acceptable power and now it's lower than that)...

Now, I know I should be talking about the balls to the wall power end, but I'm really more impressed with what it has apparently done for day to day driving...

So, someone explain why this seems to be when I'm running in closed loop...

03CobraFreak

Established Member
I'm glad it's not just me, my car feels much better/smoother and faster driving out of the boost also, not just WOT.

Not to mention the other benefits, smooth steady idle (800 air off), fans kick on sooner, T/C off by default, and my timing tweaking.

Good little tool for the money, down the road I may choose to invest alittle more cash in something more versatile but for now I'm very happy with the Predator.

Users who are viewing this thread