my pulley cobra vs cla 45 amg and ls1 camaro

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
Anxious night. Had to get out of the house. I have been trying to get 5.0 modded mustangs to race me with no turn outs. I decided to just start shit on the streets and race someone. Slow fast, win lose I didn't care, I was looking to just
run. Had a very clean ls1 blue camaro in front of me. Lowered, straigh pipes and insanely loud. Had gagues on the a-pillar. Driving with what I think was his girl friend so I know he wants to show off. I pull up next to him. Hes not budging or
shifting gears. How does he not notice me? So I pull in front of him so he can see my cobra logo on the rear bumper. Now I have his attention and he does a ricer fly by. Not what I wanted. So I flash my high beams to get him to stop and
he keeps going. Loud as ****. I catch up and we are at a 75 roll, in 3rd gear he gets the hit. I quickly reel him in and put about 2 cars on him, but I am on the inside lane. We go again at the same time. Same speed. At the top of 3rd I shift to 4th but
I miss it. But I had the lead by far and it was only going to increase. We try to communicate what we have to eachother but our cars are too loud lol. He said something about a turbo or blower on his car. Maybe he had one on his car
and it was untuned? I dont know. He said something about his gearing 3.73's? 3.33's? He said with amazment that my car was sick. I dont know something like that. I have to asssume at least a heads / cam ls1.
After such a sweet victory I get off the highway to go the other direction to head back home. Just my luck a brand new cla-45 amg does a ricer fly by to me too. With an undefeated title reign that I have so far I have the urge to continue.
I catch up to him and hes trying to play cat and mouse. I was a much faster cat and passed him quickly at his own game. We lined up at 75 mph. He got the jump and I was in the wrong gear. I shifted down to 3rd and reeled him in quick and passed him easily.
Same thing happened again twice and I am pretty sure once I would catch up to him he would let off. I was probably his first race that thing was so new right off the lot. :pepper:

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
2.93, 60 lb injectors, sct maf, cai, Catless h pipe, dual pass heat exchanger with electric fans. Tuned by Jon Lund in Washington.
Made 490rwtq and hp.
On a conservative tune now with 1 degree less timing and runs a lil richer. So probably close to that figure still.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
wow good kill esp on a amg mb, most of those are very fast

so you have an unported eaton with a 2.93 pulley?

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
Correcto! Not the first amg I have killed though. I beat an e55 pretty easily too. I'm very confident I can beat a c63 too, especially because I have driven so many of them.

stangfreak

Established Member
so you made 490rwhp and 490rwtq with a unported eaton and a 2.93 pulley..... You have the highest hp cobra I have seen in 11 years I have been involved with cobras. First one was a jdm tuned car that the guy claimed 500rwhp with a unported eaton and a 2.80 upper only. NO port. showed up to a mustang magic dyno day and made 460rwhp . good kills though

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
I was wrong. I just asked the guy I bought it from to send me the dyno sheet he had when I bought it 2 months ago. I over quoted off in my hp # but under rated my torque barely. about the tq. 478 hp and 494 tq. Still lots of power for a 2.93. I don't understand how so many people are able to run safely with a kb boost a pump and with such small pulleys when I'm at 85-90 percent duty cycle on my fuel pump. A 2.76 would put me around 95% with only a scary 5% cushion. Def going return less when I get a TVS 2.3 baby!

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 362

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Yea that power is HIGH OP, but thanks for the correction though. Still a tad high to me for that pulley but the proof is there so denying it. Nice kills. Wonder what that maro really had on it.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Yea that power is HIGH OP, but thanks for the correction though. Still a tad high to me for that pulley but the proof is there so denying it. Nice kills. Wonder what that maro really had on it.

The graph says uncorrected at the top left. That's all you need to know :)

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
Thanks shadow gray 03 I have never learned about that before until just now. During my small research, I found that uncorrected means it's tested in present conditions compared to sae's set value of temperature and elevation. Seems kinda like cam lobe lift with advertised lift vs starting from .050

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
No surprise on the CLA. They are turbo 4 cylinders and new, so not sure the aftermarket has caught up. Highly doubt the 'Maro had a serious power adder. Maybe he installed the gauges and was yelling "I'm getting a blower!"

Users who are viewing this thread