My recent towing experience/review

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I recently made the 450 mile trip to MIR this past weekend. 900 miles round trip.
My setup was:

2014 Supercrew Raptor
2014 GT500 weight 3800 lbs
2013 Featherlite Model 3110 20' open trailer 1900 lbs

Average 12 MPG with a speed of 65-70 mph
Ride was great, truck has more than enough power, and handling was better than my F250 V10 super crew King Ranch.

Trucks rear dropped 3" in the rear which leveled the truck.
We used a set of Timbrens and removed the stock bumpstops.

I don't think there is a need for a weight distribution hitch. Perhaps if I go to the enclosed trailer.

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    948.5 KB · Views: 439
  • securedownload-1.jpeg
    securedownload-1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 423
Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
It looked great Jake. Thanks for letting me drool all over your truck.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I agree. A stone deflector for the trailer may save you on the Saran wrap in the long run. :D

First of all it was shrink wrap! :poke:
The air dam/stone deflector is due in Mid May, been waiting for it from Featherlite!!!!!!!
Just wanted to keep crap out of the upper and lower openings. The car has a clear bra on the entire front.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Awesome setup. I really wish I could have made MIR but I had to work.

I will just be glad to tow something without covering it in soot lol.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
what are timbrens?

looks like you have the car pretty far forward on the trailer too, probably well above 10%-15% tongue weight with it so far forward and can probably move it back a little to lessen up the weight on the draw bar and still have a stable load with minimal swal.

About 18% of my miles on my 2012 Raptor have been towing (just shy of 5k miles of towing...love the second odometer for towing to track trailer miles!). It's usually about 7500 lbs for my race truck & trailer (2000 Harley truck & 20' steel bri-mar full deck open trailer). It definitely tows LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than my 2nd 00 HD truck used to tow. Way more stable, way more power, way better braking with the integrated brake controller, and the select shift 6 speed with tow/haul mode is the icing on the cake! Having a tough time justifying ever getting a superduty with how nicely the Raptor tows.

My squats a bit, but I do have the mid perch up front, and usually a couple hundred lbs of gear in the bed, and ~7500 lbs dragging behind the hitch, but I've still got stock bump stops, stock rear suspension, etc. Wouldn't mind a load leveling setup just to keep it more level looking, but other than sitting a little squatted, I've always found it tows excellent. Definitely a myth when guys say that Raptor's aren't good for towing with a soft suspension. Tows my fully loaded trailer 100x's better than my 2000 HDF150 towed the empty trailer lol

Reptar Hyde.jpg

Upload-01.jpg

Upload-02.jpg

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Users who are viewing this thread