my right rear 1/4 panel is cutting into my slick

mers1083

Established Member
So i was at the track wednesday night and my right rear 1/4 panel was cutting into my slick. It did this for the first time AFTER i change one of the settings on my rear shocks. I used to have both rear shocks as loose as possible but then when i would launch my car would "twist" so i tightened the right rear shock up only and now when i launch its ripping into the tire. How do i stop this??

if i remeber correctly my tire size is 28 x 11.5 x 15

Thanks
Paul

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
Well, if ride height is not an issue (assuming it is not) then I would stiffen the chassis. Sub frame connectors, jacking rails etc. Kenny Brown has a comprehensive kit that works very well.

mers1083

Established Member
MG01SVT said:
Well, if ride height is not an issue (assuming it is not) then I would stiffen the chassis. Sub frame connectors, jacking rails etc. Kenny Brown has a comprehensive kit that works very well.

i have subframes and a cage in the car

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
mers1083 said:
i have subframes and a cage in the car
Oh, well the bat sounds like a good plan to me then. J/K

Fender rolling time?

what spring/shock combo are you using?

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
mers1083 said:
So i was at the track wednesday night and my right rear 1/4 panel was cutting into my slick. It did this for the first time AFTER i change one of the settings on my rear shocks. I used to have both rear shocks as loose as possible but then when i would launch my car would "twist" so i tightened the right rear shock up only and now when i launch its ripping into the tire. How do i stop this??

if i remeber correctly my tire size is 28 x 11.5 x 15

Thanks
Paul

Sounds like a solid rear car? You may have to end up playing with rim offset but like Doug said, use a bat and roll in the fender lip if you haven't already done so. Any details on the setup?

mers1083

Established Member
MG01SVT said:
Oh, well the bat sounds like a good plan to me then. J/K

Fender rolling time?

what spring/shock combo are you using?
i am using strange shocks with mustang bullet springs (solid rear) and stock suspension up front.

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
How are the torque boxes holding up? Nothing is bent or broken I hope. An 03 on a live axle can stress the hell out of just a bolted up solid. You do have a cage and subs so chances are you have a suitable setup for the rear as well. Just throwing out ideas now.

Fender rolling is probably the cheap solution unless as previous mentioned you want to start playing with new rim backspacings.

A

mers1083

Established Member
Jerryk said:
Sounds like a solid rear car? You may have to end up playing with rim offset but like Doug said, use a bat and roll in the fender lip if you haven't already done so. Any details on the setup?
strange rear shocks with bullet springs and stock suspension up front. Subframes and cage in the car as well.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
STOP and listen.

Get online with summit and buy an air bag for $46. When you go to the track air it up (will help eliminate body roll and improve your 60) when you'er done racing let out the air and the ride height will return to normal. Instalation takes about 15 minutes.

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...earchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

this is correct. i had, and still have, a MAJOR fender rubbing problem. but i prolly launch harder than you at 6k rpms. do the air bag trick first..pump it up to 30psi at the track and it should solve that problem. id only roll the fender if you had issues on the street also.

mers1083

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
this is correct. i had, and still have, a MAJOR fender rubbing problem. but i prolly launch harder than you at 6k rpms. do the air bag trick first..pump it up to 30psi at the track and it should solve that problem. id only roll the fender if you had issues on the street also.
Yeah ill try it! thanks alot!

J's98Snake

Established Member
My 3700 lb convertible launches @ 5000 and cuts 1.4x 60's with 28 in slicks and runs 6's @ 10's. Airbags @ 19 psi work wonders:yup:

Users who are viewing this thread