My second race in the new fox.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I was out with a buddy in his F150 and we meet a guy with a 2007 GT500 Super Snake - he told me it dyno'd right at 650hp to the tire. We get to chatting some more and I told him a little about my car back home in the garage. I asked if he wanted to run 'em and he said, "Why not?"

So he takes me for a ride to my house about five minutes away. He checks out my car and we exchange compliments etc etc. I start mine up and he follows me to a local road that's perfect for a race. The weather was perfect as well - a tad bit cool and the air was crisp.

We get beside each other and set up for a 30 mph roll. I'm in second gear and start to honk it off. Now, on the second honk, just before the third, I just think to myself, "What have you gotten yourself into? You're gonna lose this one."

The third honk comes and we both take off.

My NT505r's did well and I had no spin at all when I put my foot in it. Shift early in 2nd at about 5,500rpm's and let it rip in 3rd. By 6,000rpm's in 3rd I'm pulling ~11.5 pounds of boost and I'm rolling out as hard as I can - giving the car hell. I slam it into 4th and put the pedal to the floor. After pushing the car as hard as it would go, I let out at 120mph - which is just at the very top of 4th.

The crazy part? The whole entire time from honking off at 30mph and letting out at 120mph, me and that Super Snake were side by side. He didn't gain an inch and neither did I. It was a great race!

We pulled by each other further down the road and all I say is, "Dude, were we really door-to-door the whole time?"

He says, "Yeah man, that was crazy. We gotta do it again - it was just too close."

So we turn around and ran 'em again and it was nothing but a repeat of the first run - neither of us gained an inch from each other, we were side-by-side from 30-120mph yet again.

We stop and chat for a few minutes while I smoke a cigarette because man my heart was racing. After chatting we exchange numbers and both agree to do it again one time to settle the score. He's bringing his GoPro and I'm gonna borrow a couple my buddy's so I can get multiple angles. Before we split up, I asked if we could just run 'em tomorrow night. He said he might be able to, but if not then, definitely again in the near future.

Coming from what was basically a bone stock Mach 1, I still haven't completely taken in the reality that I hung neck-and-neck with a 650rwhp Shelby. It was, hands down, the best race I've ever been in.

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Cool race u got pics of the car?

Dude it was awesome. Yeah, here's a couple:

jese9a7u.jpg

upudu6e4.jpg

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Good runs and great story. Horsepower to weight can always help out in the end.

Thanks bud. It really can, but seeing as how he's got about 150hp more than my car, I didn't think it would even out the way it did. I can't wait to race him again. :banana:

lxboy

Established Member
Great run,

Dont be so surprised, 150hp is alot to overcome 600+lbs. Not to mention 30-120 is more in your wheel house than a SS with those tall gears

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Great run,

Dont be so surprised, 150hp is alot to overcome 600+lbs. Not to mention 30-120 is more in your wheel house than a SS with those tall gears

Thanks man! I'm just still trying to get used to the different level of fast the car is.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Good kill man. Those SS are like 4k pounds and are known to have severe issues hooking up. Sometimes more isnt always better!

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Very nice kill! SS's are awesome cars, and your Fox looks perfect.

They are very nice! I saw slanted headlights and the early S197 body style so I knew it was a Shelby, but it was a real surprise when I saw the Alcoa's and I kept thinking there's no way that's a Super Snake! I had never seen one before in person and it was awesome to hang right beside him when we raced!

And thank you! I get compliments on it all the time and way more looks and thumbs up than I ever got in my Mach 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread