My side chick.

SiCKS1D3R

.:HOLLYW666D:.
Established Member
Well, this is my 04' Cobra's predecessor. I had this car loooong b4 I bought my Cobra however, it's still my " main squeeze. " ;-) Now onto some info; It's a Honda CR-X ( or it WAS a CR-X ), it has a built/stroked block ( from 1.8ltr to 2.1ltr ), dog-box tranny, full Strange suspension/brakes, Motec engine management, runs on Methanol, it HAD a Garrett GT42R which was pretty much maxed out when it made 842whp@38psi and also ran a best time of 9.2@164mph which is considered a " slow " e/t for that class. So the NEW setup consists of a Garrett GTX4508R which was supposed to yield over 1000whp and run mid-low 8's BUT, the sleeve in cyl#3 cracked during the dyno session. I have a spare block, but since I've recently purchased my Cobra all of my attention has been focused on wanting to go with a " BIG POWER " setup on it as well as make it a grip monster. So yeah, the CR-X WILL be sitting for a while. LoL. Anyways, on with the pics.
302d9eef-6ec1-4595-a59d-24a8d3300f59_zps822fdec3.jpg

d23c7f68-c878-48e7-bebd-d48694fcd128_zpse30c3103.jpg

04d68259-4ef0-49ae-94bd-47d24567414b_zps626d7d24.jpg

28c3288d-ccfd-48c0-9006-83ecf70d588b_zpsf0f0f590.jpg

ba6fa1d3-73c7-46db-84c6-bccdb692cfdf_zps31dabecf.jpg

( And yes, although it's FWD- wheelie bars ARE functional. It helps keep the weight on the front tires.:dancenana: )

*Edit*-Here's how it CURRENTLY sits, next to a 7sec *cough* Honda... Hahaha. ;)
imagejpg_2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Attaus

Established Member
Sweet car but fortunately you figured out the driven wheels are on the wrong axle!

9.2 might be slow for that class but it seems slow for that trap speed. 164 would be mid to low 8s with a good 60', but I bet you already knew that.

Again, nice work, build looks very well done.

SiCKS1D3R

Established Member
Sweet car but fortunately you figured out the driven wheels are on the wrong axle!

9.2 might be slow for that class but it seems slow for that trap speed. 164 would be mid to low 8s with a good 60', but I bet you already knew that.

Again, nice work, build looks very well done.
LoL! I hear you however, traction WAS an issue. To be honest I have yet to bring out the max potential of that car. After all, there are other Hondas running low 8's ( one even ran a 7.9 ) that are in the STREET class, I just have a lot of dialing in to do.

kaz109

Established Member
Soooooo bad ass!!! Great car OP! I have heard and seen nothing but good things from the GTX line up but I am curious why u didn't go with a BW EFR setup? The BW turbos have a flatter tq curve but yield less tq than a GTX turbo which would be better for the track . Again that car is bad ass man, well built...very well built

SiCKS1D3R

Established Member
Fast is fast, cool car!
Much appreciated!

I agree ,to bad everybody thats into this stuff doesnt realise that.
Haha true, at the end of the day all we can do is respect ones opinion.

Soooooo bad ass!!! Great car OP! I have heard and seen nothing but good things from the GTX line up but I am curious why u didn't go with a BW EFR setup? The BW turbos have a flatter tq curve but yield less tq than a GTX turbo which would be better for the track . Again that car is bad ass man, well built...very well built
I actually had a nice deal/sponsorship with Garrett that happened to be too good to pass up. But what you said is true regarding the lower tq, also appreciate the kind words man!

Giggidy! I bet it's a blast to drive. Please post some video when you get it running again.
It's a little slingshot and indeed I will!

awesome ride!!!:rockon:
Much thanks.

Very cool man! Bet it's one hell of a ride
I never experienced anything like it, that's for sure. Now it's time to get my cobra into the 9's ( aiming for a 9.99999 haha ), which will happen with less effort, 9sec. street cars for the win LoOL!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I never experienced anything like it, that's for sure. Now it's time to get my cobra into the 9's ( aiming for a 9.99999 haha ), which will happen with less effort, 9sec. street cars for the win LoOL!

I'd love a Honda as a 350-400whp car. Past that, no thanks! It's retarded expensive to make reliable high-horsepower Honda. I have a few friends in that game, and even doing as much of the work as they can, those 500+whp Hondas/Acuras are expensive as all get out!

But again, badass car man. Much respect. :beer:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Damn Hondas. My bikes motor is a 4cyl should I rev the **** out of it at stop signs? Nah Jp op but you know what they say you can't outrun gay ;) lol j&k yet again I hate Hondas

SiCKS1D3R

Established Member
That's badass!! Props!!
Gracias. :thumbsup:

I'd love a Honda as a 350-400whp car. Past that, no thanks! It's retarded expensive to make reliable high-horsepower Honda. I have a few friends in that game, and even doing as much of the work as they can, those 500+whp Hondas/Acuras are expensive as all get out!

But again, badass car man. Much respect. :beer:
HAhah yeah, I'm never satisfied so it's a never ending story with me.

Damn Hondas. My bikes motor is a 4cyl should I rev the **** out of it at stop signs? Nah Jp op but you know what they say you can't outrun gay ;) lol j&k yet again I hate Hondas
LmaO, to each their own man. I also have a few " classic " hot rods as well, I'm not " full blown " import, I'm just a car enthusiast that loves to build fast and functional cars. :burnout:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Gracias. :thumbsup:

HAhah yeah, I'm never satisfied so it's a never ending story with me.

LmaO, to each their own man. I also have a few " classic " hot rods as well, I'm not " full blown " import, I'm just a car enthusiast that loves to build fast and functional cars. :burnout:

I'm just messing with you. Looks nice. Kinda reminds me of my rotax except I can turn

Users who are viewing this thread